Jump to content

How many seconds are in a cycle?


Recommended Posts

I calculate that to grow enough sleet wheat to feed 5 dupes pepper bread will take 375 kg of water per cycle.  I have a steam vent that I think output 5kg of steam per second, but how many seconds are in a cycle so I can figure out how much water that thing produces per cycle?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, psusi said:

Ahh ok... so 12.5% of the output, when it isn't dormant.  I have no idea how people manage to not crash and burn with 20+ dupes.

You do not have to feed all your dupes top tier food because not every dupe has to be a top tier worker 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

You do not have to feed all your dupes top tier food because not every dupe has to be a top tier worker 

Pretty much no one needs to have a job at all. I find the best strategy is the accumulate some higher tier foods and train the dupes in the jobs that unlocks abilities. After they've mastered the roles I need filled they join the unemployment line. With 16 dupes in my latest game, only 3 had a job at cycle 100. Almost all are unemployed combined miner/plumber/exosuit engineers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

Pretty much no one needs to have a job at all. I find the best strategy is the accumulate some higher tier foods and train the dupes in the jobs that unlocks abilities. After they've mastered the roles I need filled they join the unemployment line. With 16 dupes in my latest game, only 3 had a job at cycle 100.

Making them unemployed does nothing; they still retain the demands of the highest job they have mastered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, psusi said:

Making them unemployed does nothing; they still retain the demands of the highest job they have mastered.

They are still far more versatile. When they have a job they have a certain priority of tasks they do based on their job. As unemployed they do them in the priority order you set yourself. Plus... I don't like the hats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

They are still far more versatile. When they have a job they have a certain priority of tasks they do based on their job. As unemployed they do them in the priority order you set yourself. Plus... I don't like the hats.

Only if you tick the box to enable auto prioritization.  I guess I kind of like the hats ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, psusi said:

Making them unemployed does nothing; they still retain the demands of the highest job they have mastered.

Plus, who want's to live in a colony where you don't have the status you earned though hard work?  I run colonies of opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find, if you are careful to never destroy a wild sleet wheat and you grow a modest amount of bristle berries, you can make an enormous amount of berry sludge (+8) early on.  I just went from 16 to 24 dupes when my food got to 1.4 million.  I feed my hatches omelets (which seems cannibalistic) because they are only +4 and wild mushrooms (+1 when fried) to get rid of them.  As you clear more map, and again are careful not to destroy wild pincha pepper plants, you can make stuffed berries (+12) and bread (+16).  My only agriculture up to about 10 cycles ago was my 29 bb plants.  I am just now uncovering a water vent, so I may start growing pincha pepper.  I added about 24 sleet wheat about 10 cycles ago when I determined water was not going to be scarce long term.     

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at August 28, 2018 2.04.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at August 28, 2018 2.05.22 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...