Polluted water off gassing

I thought that polluted water would only off gas polluted oxygen up until the pressure hit 1800g.  I have a closed pool of polluted water used to cool an aquatuner and feed the water sieve.  The pressure built up in the container to over 5 kg/tile.  Is this because there was also some CO2 running around in there instead of pure polluted oxygen?  Typical pressure even of the CO2 was around 5kg after a while, but I guess with the two gasses mixing back and forth, sometimes a low pressure pocket of CO2 was present so the polluted water off gassed?  Is that what happened, and so removing all of the CO2 would stabilize the PO2 pressure or does it just not stop off gassing no matter the pressure?

Everything emitting gas will do so, until it reaches a certain pressure at the output tile. If you have one single pocket of another gas rambling around, this can cause the emitter to gas out again, because the tile is not overpressured. Thats why mixing gas is always a bad idea in ONI.

19 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Everything emitting gas will do so, until it reaches a certain pressure at the output tile. If you have one single pocket of another gas rambling around, this can cause the emitter to gas out again, because the tile is not overpressured. Thats why mixing gas is always a bad idea in ONI.

Yea, but I thought the rule was ANY gas over 1800 grams stopped off gassing ( and the wiki even says any pressure of anything other than PO2 ), but it is looking more like it is the only way to stop it is PO2 specifically is over 1800g?

One of 2 things occurred:

1) You have a small packet of a different gas floating around.  The PO2 in the area might be 1800+ g, but the other gas is only 500g (or whatever).  Whenever the other gas packet is close enough to the water, the water can sublimate and the extra PO2 joins the rest.  Eventually you have a much higher pressure in the area.

2)  You said you're sending the water to a sieve.  I'm assuming you are also re-filling the polluted water in some manner.  So your water levels are rising and falling.  If you ever get a tile of water being lowered and raised, then the water can sublimate to fill in the gaps as they occur, thus pushing more PO2 into the area.

3 hours ago, Soulwind said:

1) You have a small packet of a different gas floating around.  The PO2 in the area might be 1800+ g, but the other gas is only 500g (or whatever).  Whenever the other gas packet is close enough to the water, the water can sublimate and the extra PO2 joins the rest.  Eventually you have a much higher pressure in the area.

Nope... there was one or two tiles of co2 with around 10kg of pressure, and the rest were po2, also around 10kg of pressure.  The only two things I can think of are either it doesn't actually care about the pressure if it isn't po2, or somehow the gas sloshed around and sometimes ended up splitting off a small portion of the co2 and compressing the po2 higher, then the water evaporated under the temporary low pressure co2 tile.

3 hours ago, Soulwind said:

2)  You said you're sending the water to a sieve.  I'm assuming you are also re-filling the polluted water in some manner.  So your water levels are rising and falling.  If you ever get a tile of water being lowered and raised, then the water can sublimate to fill in the gaps as they occur, thus pushing more PO2 into the area.

Level never changed by a whole tile.  It was 1 full tile and 1 fractional tile the whole time.  I also never saw it actually off gas, but the pressures just kept going up, up, and up.

Archived