Live Stream today? (8/23/2018)

1 hour ago, trukogre said:

Sacrificing one of your ice biomes should be plenty of worts/ice to keep a base cold until you get to oil, although some people like to keep every single ice biome intact for the free sleet wheat.  If you have decent NG geysers close to your base you could generate a fair amount of cold from your NGG farm, or a slush geyser solves your problem of course.

My last world I used an ice biome to keep cool and it mostly worked for a good long while.  This game I got lucky and got a NG vent and two cool steam vents near my base but only finally found a cold biome after 250 or so cycles off to the side and deep down. This time to keep cool I quickly build an aqua tuner in polluted water and had it cool another pond of polluted water with a closed loop, then run the electrolyzer oxygen through that to cool it, as well as a closed loop of water to the ore refinery. 

Never had NG in worlds before now and never seen a slush.  I assume by generate cold you mean build your NG generator in the cold biome so it puts out cold polluted water?

47 minutes ago, Fraxotic said:

This. I'm almost at cycle 1000 and my base is still temperate with a grand total of 5 wheezeworts inside it pretty much since cycle 100. All i'm saying is to get as many wheezeworts as you need for early game cooling while keeping in mind that you can get more if you need to later on. What's so hard to get? lmao..

5 wheezeworts plus what other heat voiding?  In my last world I had 5 wheezeworts plus piping heat via water into the cold biome to melt it and it still ended up not being enough.

Archived