.Need help using AETN

I'll be using this SPOM to feed me oxygen mainly and the feed extra hydrogen to the AETN via Pipe. My question is, in the description about it being submerged in hydrogen, do I have to wall off the AETN and pump hydrogen inside as well? Also I'll be pumping a cool steam geyser water below and I would like any tips on how can i cool the water using the AETN.

AETN.thumb.png.9997fc975335dd3b37f071e8173c67da.png

3 minutes ago, jfc said:

I'll be using this SPOM to feed me oxygen mainly and the feed extra hydrogen to the AETN via Pipe. My question is, in the description about it being submerged in hydrogen, do I have to wall off the AETN and pump hydrogen inside as well? Also I'll be pumping a cool steam geyser water below and I would like any tips on how can i cool the water using the AETN.

In short, yes. Seal off the AETN in an insulated room filled with as much hydrogen as you can fit with Tempshift Plates. Then, run whatever you need cooled through radiant pipes in the room.

Note: AETNs are worth around 6 Wheezeworts so you'll want to use a valve to let smaller packets of liquid through if you yre trying to cool water directly. 

Just now, beowulf2010 said:

Note: AETNs are worth around 6 Wheezeworts so you'll want to use a valve to let smaller packets of liquid through if you yre trying to cool water directly. 

A wheezeworts in more than 1kg of hydrogen is 12kw of cooling. An AETN is 400kw of cooling. SO it's 33 wheezeworts if I'm not mistaking. No ?

Just now, Christophlette said:

A wheezeworts in more than 1kg of hydrogen is 12kw of cooling. An AETN is 400kw of cooling. SO it's 33 wheezeworts if I'm not mistaking. No ?

400w, not kw. Then there's the hidden building multiplier which is where the 6ish comes from. 

12 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

The wiki says it's 200kW with the hidden factor. So it's around 16 WW. Unless it changed. But 6 seems like very low in my opinion...

There is hidden multiplier of 200 on building output. Therefore 400W is in fact 80MW, with WW in hydrogen making 12MW, it makes 6,66 periodicaly times more cooling. And that is one hell of a machine. :)

You can deconstruct the tiles under it now and put refined metal tiles. Not sure if that makes any sort of difference, I use them for other builds and I assumed that having some nice metal tiles at the bottom would help spread the cooling to the Hydrogen in the room.

Stop me if I'm wrong people.

9 minutes ago, BadlyBurned said:

You can deconstruct the tiles under it now and put refined metal tiles. Not sure if that makes any sort of difference, I use them for other builds and I assumed that having some nice metal tiles at the bottom would help spread the cooling to the Hydrogen in the room.

Stop me if I'm wrong people.

You're not wrong, but I find Tempshift Plates work better at evening out the temperature in a room than metal tiles around the perimeter. 

Obviously, doing both is the best, but I find refined metal a little expensive for more than a few tiles per room pre-refinery. 

Archived