Auto sweeper flooded

I've made a fish farm with 2 auto sweepers submerged to collect the goodies, both made of Iron.  One of the sweepers is flooded, the other is not.  What gives?

fish.jpg.33c7d9b2251ba8045319946e2476bbe7.jpg

NVM, I reloaded and it seems that it was just an update bug, now both sweepers are flooded!!! 

Fixed now :)

fish2.thumb.jpg.4cd820ebfc420fcf2a3da6700c78d55c.jpg

Liquid calculations are some of the hardest things. And for that, ONI uses a rather simple solution. That results in sometimes strange behavior.

In real world, liquids would level themself flat. In ONI its possible to have mountains of liquids on the one side of a tank, and a valley on the other side. 

Further we have the problem, that its not properly displayed. 100kg of water are looking the same als 1 ton of water.

7 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Like any other piece of machinery, if any tile occupied by the machine has more than ~250 kg of liquid, the machine will register as Flooded and cease functioning.

People say the aquatuner does not flood when submerged.

If you empty a bottle of petroleum into the tank you can have the sweeper arm at the bottom instead.

EDIT: I should note this also removes the pressure sensitivity of the bottom tiles. They will always see the liquid above as one tile high and never break. Be mindful that side tiles aren't similarly protected.

image.thumb.png.5a59503a6cf65a4e52a71dbc444c76ea.png

Archived