Discussion on Don't Starve's Mysteries

Actually, yes I was a human, but it´s not exactly me, it´s just one of the versions created individually by a madman scientist.

WX-77 perhaps?Actually the skulls are not cannon kevin himself has stated they are left over from an early idea where you would use them in tandem with meat effergys to unlock new char.s

Your character is in purgatory. You are doomed to stay on the same island forever. Even death is not an escape because you will just restart again on the same island with little memory of your previous life, doomed to repeat the same actions and mistakes again and again for eternity. All you remember is that you hate the man that puts you there.

Not that I particularly like mysteries being solved (I like unexplained weirdness, what can I say.) but this is pretty much what I figured. The overall nature of the game is rather dark. Maxwell seems to be a representative of the underworld. Maybe the other characters are alternate personalities of Wilson, who perhaps really did starve to begin with.

Not that I particularly like mysteries being solved (I like unexplained weirdness, what can I say.) but this is pretty much what I figured. The overall nature of the game is rather dark. Maxwell seems to be a representative of the underworld. Maybe the other characters are alternate personalities of Wilson, who perhaps really did starve to begin with.

or they are all figments made up by an insane maxwell *lolz*

hey, here is a mystery, HOW CAN MY PET KOLAPHANT BREAK OUT OF IT'S CAGE!?! IT DOSEN'T EVEN BREAK THE WALLS! it's magic i tell you! the kolaphant has MAGIC!

two words teleporting kolaphants

i hate kolaphants. the only reason i keep it around is because it's a portable beefalo. when it escapes it poops everwhere, so i have to break the walls and spook him back in. at least i get more manure for farms

one of my life long goals is to see a kolaphant teleport and then to eat it.

Personally, I like to think that all the characters are there to repent from their sins after their death, or maybe just they are there because that´s their subconscious having remorse for the things they have done.And also [MENTION=5638]pokebirds[/MENTION] , it´s old news, everyone already knows that the Koalefant has the powers of Houdini

Also, I wonder what the nationality of the characters are. Wolfgang is a soviet and I think Wes is french, it would make sense but it doesn't confirm anything.

Assuming that by 'Soviet' you mean Russian, then no, Wolfgang is a German name.

I thought that considering the pigman 'forts' found in adventure mode, perhaps some of the previous occupants of the world were turned into the pigs?

Perhaps Maxwell feels ashamed for his own actions in his 'life' but because he is some kind of demon, he can't really punish himself, because he is supposed to be evil, so instead creates others to live out his punishment for him. Or maybe he is a 'normal' human who is driven insane by guilt because of his crimes and actions but is too afraid to accept punishment by society so creates an imaginary world where the different parts of him that he is ashamed of can fulfill his need for punishment. To be honest, I think the Dev's just wanted to create a survival game with a central antagonist, and probably didn't put a huge amount of effort into a back story for people to guess.

I thought that the devs said that Wilson made a trade with Maxwell to get "prohibited information", and now he needs to survive the island to earn it.

thats the first i have heard that but I have heard that Wilson isnt as good a scientist as he thinks and that Maxwell "is not someone you want to go making deals with"