Dupes drop items on a long ladder (or pole)

Is this normal, I mean is an intended "feature" that dupes drop items on a long ladder or pole on the way up? Is that dupe "clumsy"?

Because my dupes go over and over for those items but mostly they drop the stuff. Oh, and this happen when they're in exosuit.

Item drop happens when dupe change what they were doing to something else (eat, pee, sleep). The whole schedule feature was to prevent that, but it still happens on work flow change. It should be a lot less in exosuit cos they dont need to find a spot to breathe, which also stops them from what they were doing.

I get you, but for me it happens often, and not when work flow changes.  (theoretically, after this update - EU, IN EXOSUIT they could drop item only when another schedule time happens, or empty the oxygen from exosuit)  Dupes carry the item on a ladder then 10 out of 7 they drop it. This is not normal. Also I realized that they do more often if they get a pole right next to the ladder. Also I realized that they can drop item, when passing an opened door too. I didn't see this behavior ever.

The thing is, that I started a new map two days before this update went live. Then continue this map with EU update. Maybe this is the problem... Who knows?

They also dropped stuff when their original destination cannot be reached. For example, their destination is compactor behind some automatic doors, or behind exosuit checkpoint that not always ready (because other dupes use it)

2 hours ago, abud said:

They also dropped stuff when their original destination cannot be reached. For example, their destination is compactor behind some automatic doors, or behind exosuit checkpoint that not always ready (because other dupes use it)

Good idea Mate... I'm using a kind of automatic lock to the main base, tree door with a filtergate and weight plate, and when a a dupe pass by, for a moment the lock locks itself and the passing is impossible on that moment. Maybe when I watched workers movement elsewhere on a ladder, this thing happened at the lock, so dupes drop their items as they sense cannot go in... Thanks for the tip! My bad.

14 hours ago, Pex said:

I get you, but for me it happens often, and not when work flow changes.  (theoretically, after this update - EU, IN EXOSUIT they could drop item only when another schedule time happens, or empty the oxygen from exosuit)  Dupes carry the item on a ladder then 10 out of 7 they drop it. This is not normal. Also I realized that they do more often if they get a pole right next to the ladder. Also I realized that they can drop item, when passing an opened door too. I didn't see this behavior ever.

The thing is, that I started a new map two days before this update went live. Then continue this map with EU update. Maybe this is the problem... Who knows?

I am unable to replicate this.  My dupes do drop stuff occasionally on ladders, but I've had it happen incredibly rarely with the EU update.  

I solved this issue. As some of you pointed out (with a hint) my problem was the lock system I've built. I totally forgot this could cause this problem. As the filter gate set to 0.1s, on that tiny moment my base has locked itself up, so dupes couldn't go back, and when I watched them on ladder, when this moment happened, they dropped their cargo.

Thanks all of your hints/tips.

1 hour ago, Pex said:

I solved this issue. As some of you pointed out (with a hint) my problem was the lock system I've built. I totally forgot this could cause this problem. As the filter gate set to 0.1s, on that tiny moment my base has locked itself up, so dupes couldn't go back, and when I watched them on ladder, when this moment happened, they dropped their cargo.

Thanks all of your hints/tips.

So what did you do instead? I use the triple airlock design sometimes too and my only issue with it is exactly this problem, that it for a second **** up the Dupe's pathing and end up with a lot of debris everywhere.

Did you just replace it with water locks instead?

2 hours ago, Capsup said:

So what did you do instead? I use the triple airlock design sometimes too and my only issue with it is exactly this problem, that it for a second **** up the Dupe's pathing and end up with a lot of debris everywhere.

Did you just replace it with water locks instead?

Yep, first I replaced them (I had two lock system both size of my base) with water-lock. But then I had so great oxygen generation, my base inside pressure was higher than outer, so I decided to change them to one single door at both place. Water-lock is good, but I not quite like it due to it brakes dupes running-flow, if you know what I mean.

Archived