Just now, hostagesaverfuz said:

when you paint whole map vaccum, dupes will fall to the bottom, all you need to a layer of tiles so that all dupes and wheezeworts are at the same level

Ok. So like I do with mesh tiles but no need to teleport the dupes and such. I got you. Thanks !

2 NG, 3 Copper, 1 Gold, 1 Chlorine, 2 Cool Steam, 1 Polluted Water, 1 Infectious Polluted Oxygen.

I counted by eye, 40 Weezes and 2 AETN's.  There maybe more, but it's a case of CBA.  There is plenty of Ice biomes though, plus one of the Copper geysers is right next to the starting biome.

Forgot to count the oil reservoirs.

Only downside is, that there doesn't seem to be a Cool Slush.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, Christophlette said:

Got a nice seed for me. A beautiful one after a few hours of searching. 625085823

• 3 natural gas geysers
  • 2 hydrogen vents
  • 2 cool steam vents
  • 1 steam vent
  • 1 water geyser
  • 1 gold volcano
  • 2 oil reservoirs
  • 3 AETNs
  • 4 neural vacillators
  • 49 wort seeds 

I'm using your seed, but can't find the gold volcano.  Where is it exactly?

did they replace the gold volcano with a chlorine instead?  ( I found carbon dioxide and chlorine).

24 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

I'm using your seed, but can't find the gold volcano.  Where is it exactly?

did they replace the gold volcano with a chlorine instead?  ( I found carbon dioxide and chlorine).

Really ? I took that seed at the start of EU.

I just checked in my game, the seed is correct. And I tried starting a game with the same seed : The map has changed... So I don't know when you started this map but... I think the last two build update have broken seeds... :(

All seeds prior to monday 30 July 8PM GMT are broken.

dang. that blows.  i think i had verified it before making a new game but made the new game a day later.

was hoping to get the hydrogen geyser and gold.   i remember seeing the hydrogen geysers but i think changed seed doesn't even have hydrogen anymore.

Found a really good one just now.    Seed:  1354520029
1minor, 1gold, 1water, 2coolsteam, hydrogen, chorline,  3natural,  1oil.

Water Geyser close to base to the right. hydrogen and chorline also near by to the south east direction.  gold is next to the AETN

2 NG, 1 Gold, 1 Chlorine, 1 Cool Slush, 1 Polluted Water, 1 Hot Polluted O2, 1 Leaky Oil Fissure, 1 Oil.  2 Cool Steam.

40+ WW, 2-3 AETN's

One of the NG vents is right on the edge into space, so, i'm not sure how easy this would be to exploit.  Other NG is at the lower left edge.

A leaky oil fissure and cool slush is really close to the starting biome.

This one has a really good spread of biomes too.

I thought I'd try this (729685781) seed as I played it a couple of times In CU, however, when my last community died, I thought I'd try it again in EU, but the vents had all changed.  Now however, when I look to see what they are, the map has reverted back to it's CU configuration.

Perhaps there is some other factor, which is effecting the map generation, other than the seed value.

3 NG, 1 Chlorine, 1 Cool Slush, 1 Water, 1 Copper, 1 Polluted water, 2 Cool Steam, 1 Volcano, 2 Oil, 2 AETN's, ~40 WW.

Some really weird things happening with seeds.  I loaded a previous save (from a fresh start in EU) and then played another 80+ cycles before I realized that many of the geysers had changed and that the map I was playing was now missing the key geysers I wanted to play with.

Stealth changes to the seed mid-season like this when you aren't even generating a new map?  Not cool.  Not cool at all.

Edit:  I should add, the seed I posted previously in this thread?  Not worth your time anymore.  The hydrogen, slush, chlorine, carbon dioxide, and minor volcano have all been removed and replaced with garbage.

4 hours ago, Nutter said:

Some really weird things happening with seeds.  I loaded a previous save (from a fresh start in EU) and then played another 80+ cycles before I realized that many of the geysers had changed and that the map I was playing was now missing the key geysers I wanted to play with.

Stealth changes to the seed mid-season like this when you aren't even generating a new map?  Not cool.  Not cool at all.

Edit:  I should add, the seed I posted previously in this thread?  Not worth your time anymore.  The hydrogen, slush, chlorine, carbon dioxide, and minor volcano have all been removed and replaced with garbage.

Ah ha!  I knew there was some stealth changes going on cuz I created my game prior to the mini updates and loading them up again after these updates the geysers probably changed as I started to explore towards them.

2Nat, 2Slush, 2Cool Steam, 1Gold, 1Volcano, 1 Chlorine and 1 Water.

Seems to have a solid number of WW's too (more than 60 at least)

the Cool Steam near the starting biom is one of the best I have seen so far(7,9kg/s approx 400s of 800s erupting and 60c of 90c active)

Chlorine, Gold, Nat and slush at least one each pretty nearby (about 1,5 screen)

Praise the stealth changes, was a Cosmic Seed I played short then which works now again.

Have fun

Something has definitely changed.  Just after EU went live I started a map, and then last night I decided to re-start the same map.

Got a different layout.  In this case, the layout is actually better than what I started with before, although the cool steam geyser moving

is going to require some thinking on how to handle.

Seed is 1010101010  (called it my Binary Utopia)

It now has a cool slush buried right next to the base and 2 NG geysers right next to each other just above the base (one buried).

[used to have a cool steam where the slush is now, but that geyser has moved].

seed 110

gold volcano above a cold biome, iron volcano in a cold biome

2 leaky oil fissures (both in cold biomes), 2 oil reservoirs, 2 natural gas (one above a cold biome)

1 slush, 2 cool steam, 1 water

39 wheezewort, 2 AETN

if it just had more wheeze/AETN it'd be a dream seed imo, you almost couldn't draw one better by hand

Do existing saves, i mean the unrevealed part of the map also get changed after updates everytime?

I did just load a previous save and revealed the map again, instead of the 3 cool slush i've now got one slush/iron volcano/water geyser...

That's something surprising, never knew already existing saves do get their stuff changed unless it's already explored.

I've got another save with the map already revealed on the same seed and the 3 cool slush are still there, but well... the map is all oxygen ^^

The seed was 1935690794 from Grimgaw

I tested 1348802515 in a sandbox game, saw it had what was covered, and then created a new game with that seed (so I could choose my starting dupes correctly)...somehow despite everything else being as described the 2 gold volcanoes simply aren't there. Been playing and exploring (I purposefully didn't screenshot locations from debug)...at day 300 and confused why I couldn't find them.

Back to debug mode, they don't exist -- I'm pretty bummed and confused! IDK if one of the mini-patches after EU went live affected seed gen in between my first test and the real map gen or what...

16 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

2 Gold, 1minor, 1Copper, 1Slush, 2Chrloine, 2Natural, 1Hydrogen,2Oilrig,2CoolSteam- lots Weezeworts.

this one is pretty good by far.  tons of weezewort just go straight left and you can go up and down the left side for WW.  you'll want to go left anyways because of the cool steams there.

41 minutes ago, slapkey said:

I tested 1348802515 in a sandbox game, saw it had what was covered, and then created a new game with that seed (so I could choose my starting dupes correctly)...somehow despite everything else being as described the 2 gold volcanoes simply aren't there. Been playing and exploring (I purposefully didn't screenshot locations from debug)...at day 300 and confused why I couldn't find them.

Back to debug mode, they don't exist -- I'm pretty bummed and confused! IDK if one of the mini-patches after EU went live affected seed gen in between my first test and the real map gen or what...

I second that. On of the geyser I didn't discover yet transformed from a hydrogen vent to a carbon dioxyde vent. It's weird.

At least it's not too bad on my map.

On 01/08/2018 at 2:30 AM, Nutter said:

What I did, was to start the map and save.  I then switched on sandbox, checked the geysers, then reload my game.  So far, all of the geysers are present and correct.

Archived