More Nice to Haves

(EU277680)

Some things I like:

Just noticed that ice melts slowly now. Love it. Suppose I'd better get mopping... again :)
The soggy foot and 'heey, how u dooin?' animations are adorable.
Really liking the new schedule, especially that that they finish the job they're doing now, rather than running across the entire map and realising at the last second that they need a wee. YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE BEFORE YOU LEFT!

Some things I would like:

Clear floor zones. Auto sweep and mop. Currently we can only achieve this base-wide by having storage not set to sweep only.

Sweep by type. It's been said before, but it deserves to be said again, it would be so handy. I'd like to be able to sweep all of the abyssalite out of a room before I flood it, without having to individually select each piece and click sweep.

The pop-up messages over the dupes are too quick. The fact that it moves (floats up a bit) is good for catching the eye, but the message fades before I can move my eyeballs slightly and lock on to the text. It would also be nice if the messages had a little appearance delay IF the dupe was off-screen at the time. I.E. sometimes I suspect that something has happened that would elicit a comment from the dupes, but unless they happen to be on-screen at the time I've missed it. So when I go looking for them, it'd be nice if the message could still be available for a short period.

Coloured buttons on the object UIs. For example if the Deconstruct was always red and the Disable was always orange. It would make it easier to work quickly. (Hehe, 'work'). Also, can they stay in the same place? They aren't always in the same place which means I have to actually read what each button says and scan around for it, rather than just knowing where it is. I suggest fixing the positions of the common buttons at the top, i.e. Denconstruct, Disable, Disable autorepair, Disable disinfect, and fixing the positions of the unique buttons at the bottom, i.e. Clean toilet, Enable autobottling, Set direction etc. One last half thought, maybe the colours could indicate the type of skill that will be utilised for the task - red for build/destroy, blue for cleanup, green for pure admin/config (e.g. Set direction, autobottling).

Aaawww! They don't float anymore when they've been neuralised?

When I click a dupe, click 'Move To', then move the screen using right-click, I lose the 'Move To'. I'd rather it didn't do that.

Could the sound mute automatically when I switch windows like other games do?

I keep wishing I had a single tile airlock, like a hatchway. Something appropropriate for sealing off ladders. Like the mechanized airlock but just 1 tile. The dupes could pass through it vertically, but not horizontally, coz it's only 1 tile high. Ideally it should be rotatable and have powered and unpowered versions like the normal airlocks. of course, there are lots of occasions I could use these for things other than dupe access too.

Call-me-to-this-location-later function. Anyone remember Settlers? There were little buttons to take your screen back to a location 15, 30 or 60 minutes later. Reminders. I miss those. The icon would flash when one had timed out, so you had to click on it for it to take you there. Really handy.

Going to... do something messages, it'd be nice if they were a bit more specific. E.G. Going to build ladder, Delivering coal etc. And 'Errand assigned'... to whom?

Auto-prioritize should be the default.

That's all I can think of for now.

56 minutes ago, unixanalyst said:

Clear floor zones. Auto sweep and mop. Currently we can only achieve this base-wide by having storage not set to sweep only.

Also "auto mine" for the regolith clogging your solar panels.

58 minutes ago, unixanalyst said:

Would make me disable it at the start then. I`m actually not sure if auto prioritize is more helpful or more harmful for new players. Like if you don`t have a dupe with a certain job that job won`t be done - ever. Most painful when it comes to cleaning toilets. Also life support and toggle should be higher priority as default.

1 hour ago, unixanalyst said:

Instead of this, add an option. Play sound in background: (Yes/No)

I like the sound still playing even when the window loses focus.

7 hours ago, unixanalyst said:

Seems nice and usefull at first but most of the time you can prevent every case it would be good.

=> Wouldn´t like if this was integrated

6 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Would like this change, it´s one of the first things I activate each game.

6 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Also "auto mine" for the regolith clogging your solar panels.

Considering that we can achieve auto dig orders in a messy way (unbuildable blueprints that will be cleared), I would really enjoy having an auto mine option. (Should have been a part of the cosmic upgrade in my humble opinion)

7 hours ago, unixanalyst said:

I keep wishing I had a single tile airlock, like a hatchway. Something appropropriate for sealing off ladders. Like the mechanized airlock but just 1 tile. The dupes could pass through it vertically, but not horizontally, coz it's only 1 tile high. Ideally it should be rotatable and have powered and unpowered versions like the normal airlocks. of course, there are lots of occasions I could use these for things other than dupe access too.

That´s one of the best ideas here. (OCD Love)

(But it seems like to much added content for just a little benefit.)

On 7/18/2018 at 11:42 PM, Lilalaunekuh said:

That´s one of the best ideas here. (OCD Love)

(But it seems like to much added content for just a little benefit.)

If you think OCD love = little benefit, I'm not sure we can be friends.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:48 AM, unixanalyst said:

(EU277680)

Some things I like:

Just noticed that ice melts slowly now. Love it. Suppose I'd better get mopping... again :)
The soggy foot and 'heey, how u dooin?' animations are adorable.
Really liking the new schedule, especially that that they finish the job they're doing now, rather than running across the entire map and realising at the last second that they need a wee. YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE BEFORE YOU LEFT!

Some things I would like:

Sweep by type. It's been said before, but it deserves to be said again, it would be so handy. I'd like to be able to sweep all of the abyssalite out of a room before I flood it, without having to individually select each piece and click sweep.

The pop-up messages over the dupes are too quick. The fact that it moves (floats up a bit) is good for catching the eye, but the message fades before I can move my eyeballs slightly and lock on to the text. It would also be nice if the messages had a little appearance delay IF the dupe was off-screen at the time. I.E. sometimes I suspect that something has happened that would elicit a comment from the dupes, but unless they happen to be on-screen at the time I've missed it. So when I go looking for them, it'd be nice if the message could still be available for a short period.

Coloured buttons on the object UIs. For example if the Deconstruct was always red and the Disable was always orange. It would make it easier to work quickly. (Hehe, 'work'). Also, can they stay in the same place? They aren't always in the same place which means I have to actually read what each button says and scan around for it, rather than just knowing where it is. I suggest fixing the positions of the common buttons at the top, i.e. Denconstruct, Disable, Disable autorepair, Disable disinfect, and fixing the positions of the unique buttons at the bottom, i.e. Clean toilet, Enable autobottling, Set direction etc. One last half thought, maybe the colours could indicate the type of skill that will be utilised for the task - red for build/destroy, blue for cleanup, green for pure admin/config (e.g. Set direction, autobottling).

Aaawww! They don't float anymore when they've been neuralised?

When I click a dupe, click 'Move To', then move the screen using right-click, I lose the 'Move To'. I'd rather it didn't do that.

Call-me-to-this-location-later function. Anyone remember Settlers? There were little buttons to take your screen back to a location 15, 30 or 60 minutes later. Reminders. I miss those. The icon would flash when one had timed out, so you had to click on it for it to take you there. Really handy.

Going to... do something messages, it'd be nice if they were a bit more specific. E.G. Going to build ladder, Delivering coal etc. And 'Errand assigned'... to whom?

That's all I can think of for now.

yes the pop ups are too quick, brilliant. Good mention, the flags for skill advance go away very fast also.

Different colors for the ui stuff also brilliant and practical.

The move to thing is a hassle as well, although I never remember it until I'm in game using it. Thank you for the mention. +1

And the hatch also great.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:48 AM, unixanalyst said:

If they add zones then they shouldn't stop at just cleaning floors.

I want one that says "Don't idle here" so they don't all sit around in the sewage treatment room then all leave and most of them don't wash their hands because the room wasn't designed to hold that many sinks.

Then an option that says "Don't soil here" that tells them if they have to go bad then they should leave the room.

Archived