Any loss in not having dry season?

It's easier to steal all the plants from the Volcano in Dry Season, because they won't be unfertilized. Similarly, Dry Season is the season where Coffee grows the fastest, because Coffee Plants treat Monsoon Season and Dry Season backwards compared to other plants.

And like the above posters said, the amount of Obsidian you can obtain is highest in Dry Season. Either from Trawling or from the eruptions themselves.

On 18/07/2018 at 12:12 AM, piratekingflcl said:

It's easier to steal all the plants from the Volcano in Dry Season, because they won't be unfertilized. Similarly, Dry Season is the season where Coffee grows the fastest, because Coffee Plants treat Monsoon Season and Dry Season backwards compared to other plants.

And like the above posters said, the amount of Obsidian you can obtain is highest in Dry Season. Either from Trawling or from the eruptions themselves.

Ā 

On 18/07/2018 at 12:08 AM, landromat said:

Obsidian. Also this is the best season for coffee, so you have to use more ashes to fertilize it. Also no yellow crockdogs.

Ā 

On 17/07/2018 at 9:15 PM, Faintly Macabre said:

A reliable renewable source of obsidian, and arguably the least crappy season to hunt for white whales.

What about just disabling the Dragoon Eggs?
I just don't want the meteors. I just hate how the environment gets destroyed by the eggs falling from the sky.Ā 

28 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Ā 

Ā 

I just don't want the meteors. I just hate how the environment gets destroyed by the eggs falling from the sky.Ā 

no meteors = no renewable obsidian and dragoon eggs

3 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

It'd make getting obsidian a little more work, but still possible.

2 hours ago, landromat said:

no meteors = no renewable obsidian and dragoon eggs

Incorrect. You can trawl for obsidian; it's a fairly common catch in shallow water. (Dry season only)

What'd be really nice is if the volcano altar actually worked reliably, but that seems to be too much to ask.

On 23/07/2018 at 6:11 AM, landromat said:

yeah, forgot about trawl nets

Ā 

On 22/07/2018 at 9:06 PM, Faintly Macabre said:

It'd make getting obsidian a little more work, but still possible.

Incorrect. You can trawl for obsidian; it's a fairly common catch in shallow water. (Dry season only)

What'd be really nice is if the volcano altar actually worked reliably, but that seems to be too much to ask.

Is there any way of making the meteor damage as minimal as possible? Because it makes exploring impossible.

43 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Ā 

Is there any way of making the meteor damage as minimal as possible? Because it makes exploring impossible.

Summer is exploring season, Just leave your base after 3rd kick and go whenever you want.

Also you can feed volcano altar to delay erruption

Also you can add this modĀ if you don't want to count

On 7/24/2018 at 6:06 AM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

If you're having so bad a time with them that you're willing to shut off features or entire seasons, I'd say just go ahead and turn eruptions off. It's a game, and most sane people usually agree that they're supposed to be fun.

If you have not found the volcano by first summer, then go onto your boat some time after the second warning, and be prepared to dodge the eggs on water. Do not go near islands that you have not explored yet, since you might inadvertently kill a doydoy. And ideally have an armoured boat, fully repaired, and a repair kit on you at all times. However, do try to find the volcano and in it the altar of snackrifice as soon as possible. Visit it every couple of days during summer and feed it eggs to pacify the volcano, and you will not have any eruptions.

I think dry season is hard but balanced. The eggs forcing you to go onto water every now and again, and thus to have food and cooling options handy, or alternatively to make regular trips to the volcano, is a legitimate challenge, and I recommend that you learn to overcome it instead of turning it off. Once you do learn to deal with it, you will find that coffee is more than fair compensation for the extra trouble.

Archived