Show me your stable !

Get your sunglasses out, this is my shinebug power plant:

LnjtxgT.jpg

Oh, and in the middle between them, that's my critter drowning room. If I have critters that need to be butchered, as in there's too many hatches for instance in my hatch ranch, they get wrangled and sent here. At night the doors under the mesh close, the water is pushed up and drowns the hatches.

2 hours ago, suicide commando said:

At night the doors under the mesh close, the water is pushed up and drowns the hatches.

Poor hatches, nobody can hear their screams! I fight them like a man - surround them with 5 gunners and blast the coal out of them.

5b4d9124ccb29_Ranch2.thumb.png.edf1f9d49b79bf13967ef57534575052.png5b4d90f2eabb9_Ranch1.thumb.png.586e3f834082ee47745e7a8faaa5b1cd.png

My drecos farms, with different plants. Holds 4 glossy drecos, so that they can lay extra eggs what incubate by themself. Second room is the "retirement home" for extra drecos where they can be "taken care of" until they die....

5b4d92d3b6b34_Ranch3.thumb.png.ba4d114a2e9bc694014250231e20ab30.png

Hachery, mostly automated with automatic feeding and coal transport. I keep 3-4 haches per stable, so eggs can incubate freely...

Cooling.thumb.png.11e457bc29324a0c24899e987991ae52.png

Hach killing room is tied with my cooling system, they die at 70C. As their mass is 100 kg, it gives quite some cooling power to heat them to 70C. Lavatory water cycle + haches cool down my base, power plant, 2 cool steam geysers (to ~90C) and 180 g/sec Natural gas cooking in metal geyser.

5b4d967767df9_Cooling2.thumb.png.a40e4ef9544e52daf7ea312017f487a3.png

Here's my idea for a drecko-Balm Lily farm(D-radiator) to maximize scale production.

image.thumb.png.3a9902bb2a519e5a89fe35622fcafd91.png

The idea is to keep only the bottom 1-2 rows chlorined. The design is so that dreckos have shorther path walking below in the Chlorine(15 bottom farm tiles+3 for middle farm tile+ 4 for left/right walls + 9 for top walls = 31 Chlorine edges) vs the longer path in the Hydrogen atmosphere where their scales will grow(I count around 88 Hydrogen edges), so ~ ratio 3:1. That should mean you get fiber every ~11 cycles instead of every 8, which is pretty good, considering you also get eggs ... and meat once in a while.

I tried to keep the design rectangular. Isolated tiles should be abyssalite and probably heating should be used for balm lilies' high temperature needs. Dreckos should survive(up to 70°C).

Note that the water lock + the atmo suit room is counted as a stable, which I think should be counted as better use of space(more "useless" squares counted as rooms).

Of course, later in the game when you don't need fiber you might want to ditch the extra space and just make a rectangular 96-chlorine-room and farm eggs - as I stated in the ONI biology thread you need around 4 Dreckos / dupe, which is relatively good, considering their food is free.

Now this got me thinking - can Dreckos live in vacuum? probably yes ... (they're crawling on walls so they already mastered vacuum anyways)

17 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Balm Lilly/Drecko stables is good for phosphorite production.  

Good if you plan to grow pincha peppers long term

Why only pinchas? fertilizer is useful for everything except mealwood?

7 minutes ago, martosss said:

Why only pinchas? fertilizer is useful for everything except mealwood?

Doesn't take much phosphorite to make fertilizer.  There's enough on the map to support fertilizer synthesizers for thousands of cycles

Ah, 1kg/cycle, I see your point, but I try not to depend on the map for long term survival, therefore what the map has shouldn't matter(as it will end eventually). However, Balm Lily farm + dreckos is basically a free phosphorite production system

3 minutes ago, martosss said:

Ah, 1kg/cycle, I see your point, but I try not to depend on the map for long term survival, therefore what the map has shouldn't matter(as it will end eventually). However, Balm Lily farm + dreckos is basically a free phosphorite production system

Yep

On 7/17/2018 at 7:25 PM, Neotuck said:

can't until they nerf the pacu's algae diet

most players keep them wild

How in the name ot Wilson am I supposed to tame those bastards or take care of the eggs?

I can see 2 pacus around me, 2 more tropical pineapples, even 1 pacu egg. I'm afraid that if I start hatching the egg in my incubators, the hatchling will suffocate to death in my base... and I can't submerge an Incubator under water ... unless maybe I build it above water and when it's hatched destroy the tiles underneath and quickly release the fish .. but that sounds like a lot of trouble. Also, Can I somehow tame it? I need a fish feeder and a ton of algee for ... polluted dirt? 50%? ...seriously? I think barbecue/omelettes is a much better choice(pacu omelettes are actually quite tasty with their 4kg egg). Now the problem is with the 6.6% reproduction... I can almost trade the 140kg Algae for O2 ... that is 140kg of water ... that is a ton of Bristle berries... why would I waste that and instead hurt my head with hatching stinking fishes?

REPOSTED:

Though its still a WIP here's my Puft Slime Cube. Its built to produce Slime through tons of Pufts without activating Overcrowding by dividing the space into small compartments. There's an air circulation system to pump out Oxygen created by Pufts deleting PO, an air sensor to open Mechanical Airlocks if PO gets too low, and a liquid Polluted Oxygen Farm.

20180707110507_1.thumb.jpg.f659fe2e5c658a352970dd387cd25137.jpg

20180707110534_1.thumb.jpg.3731131da19c89f63c74dbf3e1e1a0e5.jpg

20180707110608_1.thumb.jpg.c94ed13cadcc94b23f3000be01db45ac.jpg

BTW here is my Dracko-Balm lily farm in construction, filling it slowly with Hydrogen now, I've removed some of the "Hydrogen pathing radiator" tiles on the right(they were above the pipes, closing the vertical corridors) so that Chlorine can be pushed down. After it's pushed down I'll rebuild them. Having access is nice! Now if only I can teach those lab rats to use their pretty spherical heads...

image.thumb.png.a525e4965c6a50bbe7a28f8e86ed0b51.png

Here's my puff-drecko-mushroom farm combo. The puff farm supply (some) of the slime for the mush farm. I pressurized the mush and drecko farm and use a water lock to keep the gases from moving too much. Lots of automation to dispense slime, dirt, and taking away the phosphorite, eggs, plastic, and mushrooms away. The dupes only go in to operate the few machines in the drecko farm.

Spoiler

5b503507b4319__dreckomushandpufffarm.thumb.jpg.4dffcf93dc1ae500c502c75f20d11d22.jpg

This is the drecko stable design I'm planning to use in my current base, once I reach that point (not as much free time as I once had).

It's designed to keep 5 glossy drecko's in hydrogen for as much of their lifespan as possible.

2OzbLgi.png

kkltcRI.png

Archived