Ugh the Heat! Can't deal with that!

6 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

If I would then the 99 grams would split in one of three pipes giving the plant 99 grams every three second, but before it would get consumed 66 would sit there for next second and another 33 for next second. Sitting water will heat the tile even if it's short time - it adds up. Since pipes do not split one packet into three, it rather allows one packet every three packets. So I rather cool my water 

Just make sure you cool down full 10kg packets of water, it will help save a lot of power! Also be prepared for the consequence of where the heat goes to, unless you sieve it.

18 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

If I would then the 99 grams would split in one of three pipes giving the plant 99 grams every three second, but before it would get consumed 66 would sit there for next second and another 33 for next second. Sitting water will heat the tile even if it's short time - it adds up. Since pipes do not split one packet into three, it rather allows one packet every three packets. So I rather cool my water 

I actually used to use a valve per plant to limit heat exchange. Makes the system quite big, so now I prefer straight up cooling the input water, that's a bit smaller (especially for big greenhouses). The other upside is that you don't need any additional cooling in your greenhouse, which you do need if you feed plants hot water.

Archived