Shine Bugs can burn Dupes!

7 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Not an exploit.

That's the whole point of my being satirical.

Spoiler

bd23522832520e7a09ada46223ecf5d5.png

It worked, didn't it?

Just now, Ellilea said:

You think a tanning station that doesn't require energy isn't an exploit? Pf.

On a serious note - how did you get so many?

Home grown shinebugs.

15 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Are there some ingenious contraptions present? I don't want to see anything smart happening, if it does, I'll have to pass. Still trying to figure stuff out myself.

Nothing smart is happening. You probably won't even be able to see anything.

20180624123337_1.thumb.jpg.8f4520a4b90e255a9432e0f9a5aa33fb.jpg

This is literally all you will see. :wilson_ecstatic:

29 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Are there some ingenious contraptions present? I don't want to see anything smart happening, if it does, I'll have to pass. Still trying to figure stuff out myself.

Hint hint

Spoiler

It's sandbox mode.

Just now, Lazy-Anemic said:

Hint hint

Reveal hidden contents

It's sandbox mode.

Hint hint

Reveal hidden contents

It's sandbox mode.

5767619eb6fca_20160619-Fightingcorruptedforums.thumb.gif.26b551e9c37b512156abd44ab730f969.gifAlso, it is not!

Only plebs use sandbox mode.

Spoiler

I use dev tools thank you very much. *Sniff*

No shine bugs were spawned, I like to see how far up the morph chain I can go before my computer crashes... 

1 minute ago, Lazy-Anemic said:

Seems you were two minutes too slow.

Anyways I'd probably keep a track of their lifespan. I'd be expecting a really nice fireworks show once all those shine bugs eventually die.

They produce more than enough to cover those who die.

4 minutes ago, Lazy-Anemic said:

Seems you were two minutes too slow.

I still immortalized it. You can never escape the power of the quote!

If you able to get sunburns from them, they're probably as strong as a sun. Tried to get solar power from them?

I guess it's possible to maintain a high and increasing number of them with little investment (since they die of age faster than from starvation, and you can let eggs just lie on the ground, while main ranch supplies eggs at fool speed).

I probably should try it myself...

16 minutes ago, avilmask said:

If you able to get sunburns from them, they're probably as strong as a sun. Tried to get solar power from them?

I guess it's possible to maintain a high and increasing number of them with little investment (since they die of age faster than from starvation, and you can let eggs just lie on the ground, while main ranch supplies eggs at fool speed).

I probably should try it myself...

You can generate solar power from them, relatively easy and without the risk of having meteors destroying everything.

17 minutes ago, LZ96 said:

i have a bunch of shine bugs around my base too; but not in a small confined room.. excellent free decors.

I just plopped down an aerial critter lure, and they all flocked to that one location...now I have my own mini sun. :wilson_goodjob:

53 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I just plopped down an aerial critter lure, and they all flocked to that one location...now I have my own mini sun. :wilson_goodjob:

free solar panel power? ha

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

Mass shinebug hoarding could be not supported by Klei!
They must nerf shine bugs and give them 150 w heatproduction each!

How would that work? Wouldn't they kill themselves off in the wild? The only way I got away with it was by continuously digging out larger areas around it so they wouldn't get overcrowded.

You do know they stop glowing when they're overcrowded, right?

Archived