How to melt ice?

make a septic tank for your polluted water put a tepidizer in it encased in metal tiles(fill the gap first) sucks loads of power at first but once its at max your input of polluted water should be cooked in no time. works great with a washroom loop and a valve set to feed the fresh to the toilets first and have the excess clean water pumped off to its own tank for cooling but 40 c isnt bad. currently making all my fresh clean germ free water from a hot septic tank and a few bathrooms. tepidizer will run off of one transformer with a smart and normal large battery just fine as long as you have the power to make the charge(1.2kw looks like a lot) but if your not changing the water in the tepidizer its just a really hot battery for the heat in the septic tank. if your automated you could easly add both types of ice to the system just to add extra water to it. or build a seprate tank for the ice water still use the tepidizer in a box filled with water but add a thermal switch to keep it from getting too hot for water usage as no filter no easy heat burn off.

oh personally i usually leave ice biomes in tact and growing extra sleet wheat in the natural. i do add some normal plant pots and add a well near by to draw from so i dont have to cool water or regulate their temps at all. but yah clear cutting the ice bioms yah that will melt a bunch of it mostly the polluted first. but then you can also add auto sweepers and a few wheezwarts near by to let the water re freeze and get shipped off

10 hours ago, Inchulk2013 said:

I need designs for a quick way to melt ice since all my non germ filled water comes from ice now. Im currently using a storage container and two space heaters but it takes ages to turn into water.

If you need to turn frozen to useful, the easiest way I have found is using tempshift plates, a generator of NGG or petro, and a few low volume compactors.  The *best* (yes, it depends on use) way I typically use them is to cool off my water tower(s).  The free H2O is nice, but the granite compactors go to work.  2-3k/compactor seems to be the best balance I've found so far.

29 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

granite compactors

Compactor material doesn't affect exchange with contents like it does with pipes. Contents exchange temperature with outside medium directly and completely independently to the compactor itself.

9 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Compactor material doesn't affect exchange with contents like it does with pipes. Contents exchange temperature with outside medium directly and completely independently to the compactor itself.

Hrm.  That's interesting. So the granite then is reacting with the water temperature, not the ice temperature.

Heat transfers fast on a conveyor rail while moving though metal tiles

If you make a heat controlled room below the metal tiles using space heaters and hydrogen. (Or any heat source for heating metal tiles)

Thread the conveyor rail though the metal tiles

Any ice that melts on the rail will displace above the metal tiles.  This can be where you store your cold water

Archived