Thank you Devs

Jynn

I've just been really enjoying this event, far more than I enjoyed the Forge. And not only that, but my shy friend can actually join me, (who never played the Forge due to not wanting to play with people she didn't know) and we can duo the event together and actually progress and get things done, so she can actually participate in this event despite her social anxiety

so...just thanks. For the event, for making it smaller number of players required, and over all just being such a great developer!

ALso i hope some of this makes it into the core game, even if by a workshop mod =P i'd love more things to grow and cook

Speaking of social anxiety... I went for the opposite strategy; joining up with random strangers on Discord. At times it was very awkward, to say the least, but it got the job done. Today I managed to find a really nice party and get the last achievement (albeit without using voice communication). The Forge and The Gorge were great for making new friends. :D

Thank you Klei for experimenting and adding new types of content to the game! These events have been great!

20180622180356_1.thumb.jpg.bd59841aa972c324eea42aef2e6edbe3.jpg

20180622180415_1.thumb.jpg.ed2dc8e4728b4cdf030b6b1ed9ee79aa.jpg

Here's my story, It's uhh...a bit lengthy..... I have SM disorder. I usually "lurk" around the forum reading posts without creating Klei forum account since ages ago, but then create one because they announced the Gorge Event and they going to release a Beta (The foods caught my attention). I don't talk much at first, since the forums have too many users, (though my first post is Klei Weekly Art Stream, since I find Jesse a really friendly cool guy at Twitch)

After the Beta release, I met random players in game, then play few rounds and lose the game a lot of times. Until one session, a user left the server and only me and another dude in the game. I feel like leaving the server because I don't want to talk, but the another dude got really excited to play and couldn't wait so I feel bad for him. Then we both play together, even so both of us really sucks with the game, but one thing for sure is that we just laugh it out in the chat. I know the dude is from the forum, and that what makes me believe that most community/users here are friendly supportive open-mindedness people including the Devs. 

Short story; I push my fear to speak up by making a Gorge Help Thread. At first I don't think the forum is going to something, I feel like deleting the whole thread and keep quiet lol, until a lot users share their recipes and tips during the Beta. Some talk to me through DM, then eventually Discord. It really push me to reply/say something but yeah, it was a relieve to share what you always wanted say without having the fear to say it. 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with social anxiety here. My SM is not quite about shyness though, I just don't want speak, Think of somewhat like the character; Wes. The Gorge is a great event, but what makes it great is the DST players, Forum users and Devs here, I'm so happy that I meet them. The Recipe book thing and the game really push people to communicate, rather than just know what they supposed to do on everything. 

Alright, I think I said enough. Thank you so much for this awesome Gorge Event  :wilson_flower:  I wish the food last longer in the game..... 

10 minutes ago, Amiexa said:

Here's my story, It's uhh...a bit lengthy..... I have SM disorder. I usually "lurk" around the forum reading posts without creating Klei forum account since ages ago, but then create one because they announced the Gorge Event and they going to release a Beta (The foods caught my attention). I don't talk much at first, since the forums have too many users, (though my first post is Klei Weekly Art Stream, since I find Jesse a really friendly cool guy at Twitch)

After the Beta release, I met random players in game, then play few rounds and lose the game a lot of times. Until one session, a user left the server and only me and another dude in the game. I feel like leaving the server because I don't want to talk, but the another dude got really excited to play and couldn't wait so I feel bad for him. Then we both play together, even so both of us really sucks with the game, but one thing for sure is that we just laugh it out in the chat. I know the dude is from the forum, and that what makes me believe that most community/users here are friendly supportive open-mindedness people including the Devs. 

Short story; I push my fear to speak up by making a Gorge Help Thread. At first I don't think the forum is going to something, I feel like deleting the whole thread and keep quiet lol, until a lot users share their recipes and tips during the Beta. Some talk to me through DM, then eventually Discord. It really push me to reply/say something but yeah, it was a relieve to share what you always wanted say without having the fear to say it. 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with social anxiety here. My SM is not quite about shyness though, I just don't want speak, Think of somewhat like the character; Wes. The Gorge is a great event, but what makes it great is the DST players, Forum users and Devs here, I'm so happy that I meet them. The Recipe book thing and the game really push people to communicate, rather than just know what they supposed to do on everything. 

Alright, I think I said enough. Thank you so much for this awesome Gorge Event  :wilson_flower:  I wish the food last longer in the game..... 

Miiiiiiilk! Why you do dis to meh!

Apparently they used preservatives in DST because food lasted a lot longer in there.

I'm glad you were able to break out of your shell for a bit. To be honest, this is the first time I've created a guide on any forums ever. There's something about the DST community that made me want to help them out.

I prefer to keep to myself as well, but don't be afraid to socialize now and then. There are a lot of interesting and fun people to be met out there. I'm really grateful for your recipe help thread as well and I'm sure a lot of us feel the same way.

Thanks to the developers, too for this event that inspired teamwork even among complete strangers.

Archived