Change first door material required to 200

14 minutes ago, TehPlayer14 said:

But still you can have the locked and use as a floor for cheaper which shouldn't be a thing

Huh, I never actually thought to do that haha. 

Doesn't feel like a gamebreaking difference, but I guess from a min-max perspective, using that logic, there is some contradiction there.

Personally, I think id rather see them nerf the cost of singles rather than increase the cost of doors, but thats just me. 

14 minutes ago, TehPlayer14 said:

But still you can have the locked and use as a floor for cheaper which shouldn't be a thing

You could use ladders in the same way for much cheaper.

Or just build mesh tiles on every second tile.

1 minute ago, Voendomar said:

Doesn't feel like a gamebreaking difference, but I guess from a min-max perspective, using that logic, there is some contradiction there.

The massive loss in speed dupes experience while hopping on doors means it's completely useless from min-max perspective.

Just now, Coolthulhu said:

The massive loss in speed dupes experience while hopping on doors means it's completely useless from min-max perspective.

Oh do they still hop even when the door is locked? Like I said, I didn't even think to do it as TehPlayer had said, so I've never tried it. 

18 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Dupes don't walk on pneumatic doors, they do slow hops as if one tile of the door wasn't there.

Nope. Just tried it with about 8 sideways locked doors and they ran back and forth just fine. Could stand on them fine, too. However, if teleported into the air, they will fall through a locked door as if it isn't there. Hm.

15 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

Nope. Just tried it with about 8 sideways locked doors and they ran back and forth just fine. Could stand on them fine, too. However, if teleported into the air, they will fall through a locked door as if it isn't there. Hm.

The same happens with pitcher pumps, they just fall right through them.

Also it is not an exploit, put a door in between two building IRL voila, a makeshift bridge, used a lot less materials than a bridge. Jokes aside if you feel it is an exploit don't use it. But a fair point raised by Yunru is that you can built on airflow tiles, but not on doors, maybe they are too flimsy to be built on top of because they use less metal.

Archived