Is Gorge Event to Easy [ Poll]

Lem3n

Is the Gorge Event Easy?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Gorge Event Easy

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/18 at 11:11 AM

Idk about you guys. My intent isn’t to brag here but it seem as if the Gorge Event seem easy . I’ve beat it 5 time already. I practice a lot in beta with friends for like 11-17 ( all lost ) rounds I say. I was in a squad with friends and so far we never lost a single round . What the community opinions

It's like in The Forge, after a while you got all the tactics and winning was easy. For me the competition is to get all accomplishments (like in The Forge), so it is still left a lot to do (especially for the accomplishment to discover all recipes). Maybe Klei will add some more accomplishments later (like winning with only 2 players or solo or only with using/buying one station).

The beta version was definitely a lot harder to do, especially since it seemed impossible to do it with one player. But with the release, it's possible to even win with one player, especially due to the perks. For me, I've only played as a two-member team in the beta version; we did a lot of practicing and managed to win a game, but it was also fairly hard to do. With the release, I feel that playing as just a two-member team is pretty easy, and it's not that stressful.

In the beta before they increased the time, I think it was overly difficult. But once it was changed, I felt it was maybe a little too easy. Then you add the character perks in with the official release, and it does overly easy. But, I also have played all my games with peeps who played in the beta, so maybe the experience is a major factor here.

Regardless, there are plenty of accomplishments left to achieve which I think will take some time (for me at least).

No.

I've never won and don't know if I ever will. 

(I also keep getting shunted into quick matches in foreign languages from halfway around the world, which is awesome and global and all that but NOT conducive to a _timed_ event where quick and accurate communication is key! but that's another matter.  A bug or a programming complaint, perhaps?  A thread called "The region-detector sucks" or something?  Mind you, I WAS playing at reasonable times for my country.  There's also this thing called lag, which becomes more and more likely as the distance between computers increases...)

Also why the freak did we have to lose all our RECIPES too as well as the beta skins and levels we unlocked?!  I'm just not in the mood to be treated like trash by randoms because I'm level 1, either.  Oh sure, you do run into nice friendly players sometimes, but, well...  So I'll probably have to play with people who might think I'm an idiot.  I...I can't.  I just can't right now.

EDIT:  I haven't played it with the new character perks yet, so I can't attest to how much easier that makes it.  I haven't played the live version yet at all.

...Notorious

The event become easier with knowledge.

In forge, you needed knowledge and reflex. In gorge, reflex are a lot less important, you have usually more space, so the more knowledge you have, the easier the game is becoming. With the beta you got a lot of knowledge, so the game seems easy now, especially since we tested a version harder than now.

Does it make the event easy ? Over time, yes, but the start isn't easy and people will probably have some fails too before winning. Also, it means that we have more space to try challenges.

I still do not think that 3 player teamwork event should be able to be soloed after just 3 days of the new event.  IF the beta ran longer, we could have suggested a solution, like having a slight randomness in the recipes (NPC's would have to hint at the changes), or some resources would always be absent forcing players to step out of their comfort zone. 

As it is however, there was no possibility of having any major change. And adding new character abilities to the mix, I believe that about 80% of the teams will be able to achieve "mastery" in the span of one day. So yes, I do without hesitation say that the Gorge is too easy. I already felt that way when the timer got extended. However the problem isn't really in the balance, (though of course proper balance between time required to clear and time given to complete the task would help a lot), but in the idea of the Gorge itself. 

When the only aspect being tested is players knowledge, it gets too easy as soon as said knowledge is acquired.  So ideal way to go about it would be obstruct players ability to learn, while still baiting him with the idea he is so close to making it. That said I still love the idea of the Gorge and think it's a better event than the Forge, it just comes a bit short when it comes to the execution.

I practiced in the beta until we won once and......

every single game since the actual launch we've had the capability to win, we just challenge ourselves by only going for new dishes, accomplishments, only doing it with 1/2 people etc

It's kinda more fun this way. Forge had 1 exact route you had to take and you had to rely on 5 other people to perform near perfection to have any hope of winning. Gorge, on the other hand, has countless different routes thanks to the 70 recipes and craving variety which makes it a lot more fun to experiment and explore and go for the totally achievable achievements. I'll probably quit playing gorge sooner than i played forge, but I only played forge as much as I did because it just took so god-damn long to perfect our games. I currently am only missing 3 achievements, but it's still funner to play with friends imo because it's smaller, more casual, and easier to win.

I think it's important that different events have different level of challenge, and requirement. Some people were frustrated in Forge because of :

- the high difficulty

- the reflex needed

- the fact that most people had to play with strangers (because most players play in smaller group and it was usually too hard for them to play with only 3 or 4 people)

Gorge is probably easier, require less people, less reflex, it's a good thing. People could rush the event and stop, or they could focus on challenges and discoveries after some victories. It's another playstyle, but it's important because i think that Forge was pretty demanding for some people.

Interestingly the quick matches are the easy matches. The real difficulty comes from the long matches which you can extend for a little over an hour, and this is where you get high scores. So if you're just rushing the 3 Favor, especially if you have a pre-made three-man then it is going to be quite easy. Victory isn't everything.

I'd like to have A victory of any kind, from a short match _or_ a long one.

But you're right about the Forge being intimidating for some; I almost didn't want to play it at all at first, 'cos I'm SO not a combat player.  You know all my "sneaking and strategy is a legit way to play the game too, jerks!" stuff?  Yeah.  And the Forge was not only combat, but a "raid" event where it would be REALLY obvious if it was _you_ who dragged the team down, and I don't really play MMORPGs with raid battles all that much, so...

(Bear in mind I AM technically doing all my character-movement with my wrong hand, but that excuse can only get me so far.)

As for the Gorge...I know it's stupid and babyish but I'm STILL bummed out about losing ALLLL my beta stuff, dangit.  About the only way I could be coaxed in right now would be if I _did_ get to play with at least one actual friend.  That'd make it less scary and sad.  The way I've been feeling lately, therere's no way I can leap in with randoms and get treated like dirt for being level 1 and not just...run away and never play again.  :(

(The event, I mean.  I'd probably play the NORMAL game again at some point.  Although I do hope the new event programming hasn't broken another mod I use and made _another_ hundreds-of-days world unusable...)

...Notorious

Archived