creation of robots-androids

hi.

creation of androids on any special machine. androids will perform the work of duplicates. create from materials that are very difficult to obtain. + Eating electricity and something else consumed (kerosene, oil). can you do so?

22 hours ago, Flydo said:

Why don't using extra dupe?

An extra dupe requires food, oxygen, a place to sleep, stress management, and is vulnerable to extreme temperatures and other dangerous working conditions.  If your colony's food and oxygen production is pushed to its max but you've got a surplus of metal and power, then a robot could provide you alternatives means of labor.

I always liked the sound of robots for more automation. Having a robotic dupe that doesn't eat O2 or food but needs to be recharged frequently therefore eating either power or some type of resource in order for it to be powered. They can have a consecutive 3 cycle battery life drained while working/moving and then a 1 cycle recharge time. But with priorities and possibly automation you can tell it when you want it to work or not therefore extending the battery life.

I'm not sure robots that could do all that a duplicant can do would all that balanced and it would risk making the whole 'dupe managemmen' aspect of the game partial obsolete in the late game (even if it can be balanced by power cost/material cot and oher things like that)

I'm not against robtics in the game tho; But I feel t'd fit more into the form of drones with limited capacities that suplement your duplcants, make them better at their tasks rather than outright replace them or maybe can only handle some of the most repetitive mindless tasks only.

8 hours ago, Smuch said:

I'm not sure robots that could do all that a duplicant can do would all that balanced and it would risk making the whole 'dupe managemmen' aspect of the game partial obsolete in the late game (even if it can be balanced by power cost/material cot and oher things like that)

I'm not against robtics in the game tho; But I feel t'd fit more into the form of drones with limited capacities that suplement your duplcants, make them better at their tasks rather than outright replace them or maybe can only handle some of the most repetitive mindless tasks only.

That would be cool.A drone workshop needed by a Drone Scientist which is a job after tenured scientist and mechatronics engineer.
Come with different drones. All supplementing dupes actions. Having a drone can give a small stress relief bonus like 5-10%. 
Farming drone: Quickens farming by speeding fertilization and/or harvest/fertilizing more than 1 plant at a time.
Ranching drone: Quickens ranching/sheering and gives critters a slight happiness boost beyond grooming effects.
Pack Mule drone: Allows more storage capacity and holding multiple types of resources. (up to 5 types)
Cooking drone: Quickens cooking and gives all food quality a boost
Miner drone: Mines adjacent rocks from what the dupe is mining
Architect drone: Builds adjacent rocks from what the dupe is building. 
Medical drone: Heals dupe on the fly, possibly recovers from specific diseases faster and without a med bed

With the packmule drone, if my backpack idea is implemented as well, a backpack could allow 2 or 3 resource types to be held and a drone allows more with more carry for the ultimate pack mule courier/groundskeeper. Obviously more multipurpose drones can be made but be less efficient

Personally, I'd rather robots be autonomous and capable of simple tasks than supplemental to dupe activities.  If I'm going to waste resources on extremely menial tasks (think collecting wild puft poop, cleaning up remote dig sites, etc) I'd rather send a robot to do it than a dupe.

I like this idea, but only in a limited and perhaps mysterious and lucky way.

Perhaps cannot perform human intelligence tasks, or even perhaps could have to have a rudimentary external program uploaded.

To extend this, it could be a great idea to have a discoverable robot (Like the nullifier thingy) that cannot have its base moved/removed.

This would mitigate lowering usefulness of dupes, while keeping a mysterious element I enjoy from the game.

It sounds great, but we don't need super-buffed androids. Only something that is fun to use, has to be set up right or causes havoc, or takes an unnecessarily high amount of resources to maintain.

Cheers,

Flirtle

Archived