Question about options

klei has been doing that for a long time, it's just now they had to comply to regulations

so now the game lets you opt out by only playing the game offline if you don't like your stuff like contact info, game usage, ip address, system specs, operating system, chat interactions, etc being collected

• Developer
3 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

klei has been doing that for a long time, it's just now they had to comply to regulations

so now the game lets you opt out by only playing the game offline if you don't like your stuff like contact info, game usage, ip address, system specs, operating system, chat interactions, etc being collected

Just to be clear, we were never collecting your chat interactions on private servers (anything not hosted by Klei).

As a general rule even before the GDPR we didn't want to know anything we didn't have to know. Email address? Tech support. Birthday? Just to comply with laws around minors. OS and system specs? It's how we figure out what kinds of systems people are running on so we can optimize DST and know what minspec our next game needs to support.

If we were the kind of company that sold your info to be aggregated into huge ad networks I could see why we'd want more info, but we're not. We just want to make our games better. Thus everything we collect is to do that, or to comply with some law in some country.

1 minute ago, nome said:

Just to be clear, we were never collecting your chat interactions on private servers (anything not hosted by Klei).

oh my mistake then, looks like i've misinterpreted one of the bullet points listed in the privacy policy

also i probably should've mentioned why these are being collected since it might seem suspicious at first, but a lot of other games and services also acquire such information from users for improving their experience, as better explained by nome, and nobody should be surprised or worried by this

On 1. 6. 2018 at 1:06 PM, Rellimarual said:

In compliance with new European privacy regulations, you now have more control over the data Klei collects about you via the game. All games that collect data have added this.

Except for minecraft. That one already had it.

On 1. 6. 2018 at 8:11 PM, nome said:

Good thing to know hehe , having an weird fantasy about wendy and abby having children with wolfgang to be collected... IS BAD THING.

Archived