I believe I have asked this question before, if not for DST, then for the single player version, but I recall I was told that Klei made it accessible for you to get a standalone version of their game if you have it on steam. Might have been something to do with verifying keys, but essentially I was told that I can do this and it didn't seem like an illegitimate method. Would anyone be able to confirm this? I like using steam, but just in case, I would also like to have a standalone way to launch the game.

• Developer

DST doesn't work without steam simply because we use steam's NAT traversal. People playing a pirate build can only play offline for this reason.

If we made a non-steam version of the game we'd need to find another NAT traversal technology and then either split the userbase in two, with non-steam unable to play with steam, or switch the steam users over and probably give them at least some of them a worse experience since Valve has datacentres all over the world and we don't.

So yeah, that's why we don't do it. We'd love to have a non-steam version otherwise.

If you bought the game directly through the Klei website you ended up with a downloadable link on Humble Bundle (plus a redeemable key for Steam). Atleast I thought so.. but looking at it now, the Klei website is referring to the Steam store and other stores (no mention of Humble Bundle or GOG though).

Invisible, Inc. asks you to enter your e-mail when purchasing directly from the Klei website however, so I guess here you get a link to Humble Bundle for downloading the game: https://www.klei.com/games/invisible-inc/buy

I think the questions is about whether you can claim your game for download if you already bought it on another platform (or as a physical copy), like described on GOG: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212806285-Can-I-add-to-my-GOG-account-some-games-that-I-bought-elsewhere-

• Developer

There's a DRM-free version of single player DS which you get at no extra charge whenever you buy the steam version. I'm sure you can find download instructions if you dig around a bit. It used to use the same codes we used for the RoG skins but when steam wanted to sunset that system we wrote a new website that distributes them.

Archived