Ranching Mark II Upgrade - Available Now!

They must have fired some designers, no short video, fish release and fish feeder unfinished, no short video, plumber hat the same color as the groundskeeper, that looks like the only designer left... is alone...

Why is an animated short, "so" important for some of you?
For me, gameplay is more important then that.
The animated short with OU was nice, but holy cow, that needs massive workforce to produce something, in that high quality and yes i liked it.
In other betas something like that is rare, but perhaps other companys have limited workpower.
I am not against short movies, but i have no problem when i get none, in a beta.

Edited by Oozinator
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kabrute said:

That would imply its less of a bug and more of an intended consequence...

It's bad enough that this thread was pointlessly necroed, but did you have to encourage them, as well?

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Kabrute said:

That would imply its less of a bug and more of an intended consequence...

I'm sorry English is not my main language. I was trying to say it's so game breaking in long run that one can't even create huge bases or retrieve something from depths because there is always something dupes want to do. It wastes massive resources on plastic traps for example. When a dupe 2-3 or 4 times in row just drop the trap with bagged critter. It wastes massive amount of time running back and forth and do literally nothing. But mainly, there is a huuge pile of stuff just hoarding on the bottom of a mine shaft or base. It's so infuriating that i had to stop playing sometimes after couple of hundred cycles. Why dupes just can't hold to the thing they're carrying, finish the job and THEN go pee, breathe, eat, sleep, etc etc. There is quite big margin for error (suffocating or peeing on the floor)

Another gripe i have with the game that's so frustrating is when dupes don't finish their job.

Example1: you order a dig job, dupe is assigned to the dig, he runs across half of the map, dig 1 tile and then decide to go refill something, or deliver something on the other edge of the map. 

Example2: it's morning and everybody wakes up and are immediately assigned to jobs. Fine, miner will run across the map and then literally few steps before his dig job he turns back because he needs to pee or eat. I ask you ... do you go to work hungry and in desperate need of a toilet ? No, you wake up, take a dump, eat some breakfast and go to work. Each dupe should do the same.... empty the bladder, top off the 4kcal food cap and straight to work. It would SAVE SO MUCH TIME and be efficient.

Example3: Let's say somebody is assigned to the mushroom farm. It's CO2 and he can't breathe. That's fine, but after few seconds he needs to go take a breath.But in fact if you lock him in he can continue working for much much longer and THEN go breathe. Can't the algorithm check each tile of his path back for O2 and calculate using his Athletic speed when he needs to go to not suffocate but to maximize work time ?

When dupes have exo suits i purposely have to build doors, send them in to dig diamonds or stuff and lock the doors for day or two. They can survive and it's sooo much more efficient.

Edited by Ashpoker