How are we supposed to feed our drecko's?

thanks, i was thinking they ate pepperpincha

oh, so i found that fish release can release dracko or hatch... it's a little funny, why separating this, if they can all release all kind of critter...

and if i shave my glossy drecko, i should wait many time for shaving him again, but i can wrangle it, release it, and shave it again...

maybe some people can confirm that

I think it was @Saturnus who posted the pic of the Dreko stable they designed.  Basically you put the Drekos on a "floating island" in the middle of the room, and have the door on the floor below that island, with a Ladder up to the top of the island.  You put the Grooming and Shearing stations on the top of this island.

I've found something you all might find useful and interesting, a bit of a drecko pathing bug/exploit. Much like how hatches can be caught by a pneumatic door, it seems something about this natural formation of rock and its neighboring ledge creates a one-way path for dreckos. Feel free to build it yourself, dreckos can hop from the ledge where the cursor is to the rock, but cannot path back.

888888888.thumb.png.cccfcd56386189c83dee8253271dc729.png

8 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Here's a pic of my drecko stable.  Works real well

20180426191636_1.thumb.jpg.7f100a4ab19e54b3607b5f61d742dcb8.jpg

if you convert the room the dreckos are in into a greenhouse,  could you not increase the drecko to plant ratio? the increased plant growth speed would reduce the phosphorite and PW costs by allowing you to downsize too.

1 minute ago, BionicSandwich said:

if you convert the room the dreckos are in into a greenhouse,  could you not increase the drecko to plant ratio? the increased plant growth speed would reduce the phosphorite and PW costs by allowing you to downsize too.

Greenhouses and Ranches are mutually exclusive, unfortunately. The room becomes nothing if both types of stations are present, and if you have only a farming station, you can't groom the dreckos.

However, since dreckos can path through open doors, I wonder if you could partition the area below into a greenhouse, and still have the ranch status of the upper area?

49 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

However, since dreckos can path through open doors, I wonder if you could partition the area below into a greenhouse, and still have the ranch status of the upper area?

45 minutes ago, BionicSandwich said:

In order to do that, you would need to double the amount of space above and below, in order to prevent the dreckos from getting glum from lack of space. otherwise, its a pretty solid idea

they go though and over open doors and use it like a bridge.  I tried that a while back and they quickly escaped the middle 

20180428201114_1.thumb.jpg.139ef3844a9109f456a427fbcf558884.jpg

I made a model that prevents drekos from escaping20180428202629_1.thumb.jpg.d60aa1608334af62033af5b0f5d04ab9.jpg

forgive the quality I am not that good at this

The idea is that the dreckos cant climb up the doors when they are vertical like that, so you can fit a stable and a greenhouse into the area

here is proof it works

20180428202855_1.thumb.jpg.eae7bb02ddcc3a2fa68ac527e9ca8af4.jpg20180428202859_1.thumb.jpg.81f86de1e0852fb180e3eeed33ef06cd.jpg

12 hours ago, BionicSandwich said:

I made a model that prevents drekos from escaping

The idea is that the dreckos cant climb up the doors when they are vertical like that, so you can fit a stable and a greenhouse into the area

here is proof it works

Nice setup!

Do the dreckos ever get glum, or have other issues when they move from the ranch to the farm, such as unable to be called to the grooming table or overcrowded?

19 minutes ago, Dakku said:

Phosphor is a kind of un-renewable resource at least in recent versions.

So it seems that dreckos are not worth feeding.

It's non-renewable, but there is a LOT of it available. And plastic dreckos are worth the effort.

You could also try working with wild-grown pepper plants, as they need nothing but heat and minimal pressure.

Just now, crypticorb said:

It's non-renewable, but there is a LOT of it available. And plastic dreckos are worth the effort.

You could also try working with wild-grown pepper plants, as they need nothing but heat and minimal pressure.

Well.. obliged to say, plastic drecko is a comfortable way to get plastic in early period.

16 hours ago, BionicSandwich said:

I made a model that prevents drekos from escaping20180428202629_1.thumb.jpg.d60aa1608334af62033af5b0f5d04ab9.jpg

here is proof it works

20180428202855_1.thumb.jpg.eae7bb02ddcc3a2fa68ac527e9ca8af4.jpg20180428202859_1.thumb.jpg.81f86de1e0852fb180e3eeed33ef06cd.jpg

Very cool design but given the non-renewable nature of phosphor you really want to minimise the number of plants you grow. 1 domestic plant with farmer's touch should be enough to support 4 Dreckos. Interestingly with this design since your dreckos are rarely all in the stable at the same time, you can go for a higher population without fear of overcrowding. 9 should be virtually risk free. The downside is dupes won't even attempt to shear/groom a drecko that has pathed out of the stable area which could lead to dreckos spending a bit of time unhappy and unsheared.

Archived