Damienm    0
On 06/10/2019 at 6:29 AM, pahbi said:

They were on this page of the thread.

The location of the file to modify, took me a little while to find, but it should be located at:

yourfolder\node_modules\oni-save-parser\lib\save-structure\parser.js

Hope this helps.

- P

dependancy errors unfortunately . wont install 

Tehtsuo    4

I loaded this up on my spare linode I keep around.  Just pushed the version to 7.12, so use at your own risk.  As soon as this gets updated properly you shouldn't use this anymore...

http://50.116.61.176

Before anyone mentions it:  Yeah, it's http, and an ip address.  Not going to buy a domain name or install a cert for this since it's so temporary.  I'll say again: use at your own risk!

• Thanks 4

a__l__r    0
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Tehtsuo said:

I loaded this up on my spare linode I keep around.  Just pushed the version to 7.12, so use at your own risk.  As soon as this gets updated properly you shouldn't use this anymore...

http://50.116.61.176

Before anyone mentions it:  Yeah, it's http, and an ip address.  Not going to buy a domain name or install a cert for this since it's so temporary.  I'll say again: use at your own risk!

Thanks for that, appreciated. I'm truing to disable sandbox mode however, which seems to not be working. Any tricks to it?

EDIT: Nevermind, sorted it. The toggle certainly doesn't work, but using the raw editor I found the references, of which there are 3, I think you only actually need to change one or two, but of the 3 there is one in particular that HAS to be changed for it to work, and its buried deep in gameObjects for anyone else looking.

Also one odd thing I noticed, after import and export, the saves are like a MB smaller than what they start at.

Im seeing no issues with the save but Im wondering where all that information went... 

Edited by a__l__r

LuckyB    0
4 hours ago, a__l__r said:

Thanks for that, appreciated. I'm truing to disable sandbox mode however, which seems to not be working. Any tricks to it?

In the raw editor go to:

SaveGame/gameObjects/SaveGame/gameObjects/287510/behaviors/SaveGame (the game objects number seems to be random)

Set "sandboxEnabled": false

apply and save.

Ronivan    2

It seems the save editor is not working with the current update. I just tried to backup my dupes and it gave me this error: Error while processing content: Save version "7.12" is not compatible with this parser. Expected version "7.11".

ScreenShot016.png

MF99K    2,189
1 hour ago, Ronivan said:

It seems the save editor is not working with the current update. I just tried to backup my dupes and it gave me this error: Error while processing content: Save version "7.12" is not compatible with this parser. Expected version "7.11".

ScreenShot016.png

yeah it's been like this, we're all just waiting for the update, though some people mentioned a workaround earlier

• Like 1

RoboPhred    156

Thanks for playing around with 7.12, it seems that the version number bump is all that is needed.  I read through the patch notes and as far as I can tell the version bump is due to a change in how they store building history data.  It seems to be covered by the template data parser so there is nothing I need to do my end.

The website should now support save file version 7.12.

I did not update any of the lists for traits / geysers / effects, however, so you need to wait a bit longer for the new traits.

I'm thinking about adding an option to override the version lockout so in the future, people can experiment faster with the new version without having to wait for me.  The original reason for the lock was to prevent data loss due to corrupted saves, but I really don't test these changes as much as I should be anymore.

In feature news, I am working on replacing the raw editor with something easier to use.  There are also reports that the raw editor is stripping away data in some cases, which I will try to fix.

In general, small save file size differences shouldn't be a problem.  The difference comes down to the save compression.  The library I use for it seems to do a bit of a better job at compressing the data than the one the game uses.

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Thanks 3

draeh    0

@RoboPhred

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find some specifics about editing geysers. Using the raw editor I have found the geyser I want to modify, but I don't know how to change its specifics. Can the 'Eruption Period', 'Active Period', and 'Next Activity' be changed?

Thanks!

Soulwind    247

RoboPhred,

Looks like you broke something with the update.  You can't set geysers anymore; they are either at full slider or no slider, nothing in between.

gckwolf    0

Is the editor amazing to add an option for volcanoes and oil deposits? since it only affects the geysers

Edited by gckwolf

Merkury90    4

Thanks for an update to the newest version.

However, I wanted to report that now it is not possible to really adjust the geysers/vents. The slider allows for most left or right position and I am quite sure before it was possible to smoothly set the slider ;)

RoboPhred    156
On 10/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, draeh said:

@RoboPhred

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I couldn't find some specifics about editing geysers. Using the raw editor I have found the geyser I want to modify, but I don't know how to change its specifics. Can the 'Eruption Period', 'Active Period', and 'Next Activity' be changed?

Thanks!

I used to have sliders for Eruption Period / Active Period, but removed them.  They were a bit confusing as there are 4 values that control the relative dormant/active and active/eruption time, and they are choosing a random factor to apply to a fixed value in-game so you cannot choose custom values.

You can still modify them in the raw editor, under the Geyser behavior:

- iterationLengthRoll - value 0 to 1, total time for active+eruption

- iterationPercentRoll - value 0 to 1, fraction of active+eruption time spent erupting

- yearLengthRoll - value 0 to 1, length of dormant+active cycle

- yearPercentRoll - value 0 to 1, length of time spent active in dormant+active cycle

Remember, these are just random factors applied to fixed values based on the type of geyser.  Setting them to anything outside of 0 to 1 will result in it getting constrained back to 0 or 1.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:54 PM, Soulwind said:

RoboPhred,

Looks like you broke something with the update.  You can't set geysers anymore; they are either at full slider or no slider, nothing in between.

Looks like this broke when I updated the UI toolkit I'm using.  I got them working again, and also fixed the UI lag when using the sliders.

I just published version 3.9.0.  This fixes geyser sliders and adds the missing traits Allergies and Archaeologist.  This also adds Czech and Spanish translations, contributed by Galo223344 and Sorashi respectively.

Edited by RoboPhred
  • Thanks 1

RoboPhred    156

Another version bump.  This one includes a brand new raw data editor that should stop save corruption, and also provide an easier to use editing experience.  It is closer in line to the v2 editor, showing a tree view of the data available and individual editable fields for data.

This release also fixes Czech and Spanish translations, which were not properly enabling when switching to them in settings.

• Like 1