Recommended Posts

Merkury90    4
1 hour ago, RoboPhred said:

(...)
Can someone toss me a save file that has been built up?  Preferably one that has access to space, so everything has spawned in.  Once I confirm everything still works (or fix any problems) I will get the new version out.
(...)

I gladly share my save.
I don't think I managed to get up to space but apart from that quite a bit of stuff is build and uncovered on the map.

Hope it helps at least a bit ;)

Frindge World.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beowulf2010    489
1 hour ago, RoboPhred said:

Assuming I can find a save file, I hope to have the update ready by the end of the weekend.

Sadly, I'm headed to work, plus my base is fairly new. But I'm sure others will post files for you like Merkury already did. 

Either way, let me thank you yet again for continuing to support this regardless of whether you are currently playing the game. Thus has been invaluable to me by letting me eliminate narcoleptic from otherwise perfect dupes.

Aside/rhetorical: (Seriously, why is it always narcoleptic? It'd be a nice change to see perfect dupes ruined by something else like allergies or flatulence for a change.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    844
22 minutes ago, RoboPhred said:

I did a quick test and couldn't find anything different that the editor cares about.

I hate to do this, but I got bad news:

Found some bugs/problems with an edited savegame.

 

If you clone a duplicant the original duplicant will not be shown in the colony summery anymore.

[The "clone of"-duplicant will take his spot.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoboPhred    151
Just now, Lilalaunekuh said:

I hate to do this, but I got bad news:

Found some bugs/problems with an edited savegame.

 

If you clone a duplicant the original duplicant will not be shown in the colony summery anymore.

[The "clone of"-duplicant will take his spot.]

Hmm, that sounds similar to the bug where clones and their originals sleep in the same bed.  There's some ID the game uses to track duplicants that I have not found yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
narebox    0

Hello. I have a tip about dupe cloning. We can use debug mode to add another dupes and then edit they on the site. Sorry for my english. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    844
Posted (edited)

Is there a chance that you would upload a raw editor again?

[Like the old advanced mode, just so I can mess with some values on my own.^^]

 

Spoiler

I managed to edit the raw data on my own, but your old editor made things much easier ;)

 

PS: I started testing your editor short after the launch, by just changing the minorversion number in my savegames^^

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoboPhred    151

The raw editor should already be in place; I have been using it to hunt down the clones-sharing-bed issue.

https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/#/raw

It's not the most intuitive, but the bar across the top lets you select the area of the save file, and the rest of the screen shows a json editor when it finds an object it can reasonably display.

image.png.73806cba738c3ca8f9b16cc6328e5e59.png

Click on the text of the path to change the path at that point, or click on the underline to go deeper in.  For example, here I could click on "MinionAssignablesProxy" to get a list of items under SaveGame / gameObjects, and select another game object.

Once you change something in the json editor, remember to click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen, or your changes wont save if you leave that object.

It will default to showing the save file header.  Click on "SaveGame" to jump to the top of the file and work your way down to the more interesting bits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    844
3 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

It's not the most intuitive, but the bar across the top lets you select the area of the save file, and the rest of the screen shows a json editor when it finds an object it can reasonably display.

My bad, I messed with visual studio just cause I missed the selection bar^^

[I thought the current editor would only show the header. I used your raw editor before the layout change^^]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DamionWolf    1

i cant seem to get the website verson to work. ive adjusted the skills and look, then save it. then load the save in the game and nothing changed. i did it with and without mods. am i messing something up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merkury90    4
Posted (edited)

Just a question.

Maybe I am just blind but looks like editor does not recognize couple of steam geysers/vents.
For example:

  • Water Geyser
  • Salt Water Geyser
  • Hydrogen Vent


I believe there can be couple more that editor does not recognize.

Also, do you think it would be possible to set the names a little bit better? There is molten_iron type but I cannot see let's say molten_gold or gold_vulcano type when editing save while having one tapped in game. Also for example Natural Gas Geyser inside editor is called Methane.

Edited by Merkury90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sue_xee    0

Thanks RoboPhred! But we do need some new type options to be added to the geyser editor.

Especially these ones for example:

  • Cool Ethanol Geyser
  • Salt Water Geyser

It would be great if you can make that happen.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
badgamer123    99
Posted (edited)

is everything working now except clone?

 

it seem to work with modded game save ?am i correct?

Edited by badgamer123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DamionWolf    1
11 hours ago, DamionWolf said:

i cant seem to get the website verson to work. ive adjusted the skills and look, then save it. then load the save in the game and nothing changed. i did it with and without mods. am i messing something up?

ok, i think i found what i was doing wrong. need a tutorial for the thing really

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
creepy72    0

DamionWolf :

" ok, i think i found what i was doing wrong. need a tutorial for the thing really "

-> how did you get the website to work ? I have the same problem, saving modifications and loading the save in game doesn't work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    844
3 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

It's not the most intuitive, but the bar across the top lets you select the area of the save file, and the rest of the screen shows a json editor when it finds an object it can reasonably display.

My bad, I messed with visual studio just cause I missed the selection bar^^

[I thought the current editor would only show the header. I used your raw editor before the layout change^^]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 8:20 PM, RoboPhred said:

The raw editor should already be in place; I have been using it to hunt down the clones-sharing-bed issue.

https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/#/raw

It's not the most intuitive, but the bar across the top lets you select the area of the save file, and the rest of the screen shows a json editor when it finds an object it can reasonably display.

image.png.73806cba738c3ca8f9b16cc6328e5e59.png

Click on the text of the path to change the path at that point, or click on the underline to go deeper in.  For example, here I could click on "MinionAssignablesProxy" to get a list of items under SaveGame / gameObjects, and select another game object.

Once you change something in the json editor, remember to click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen, or your changes wont save if you leave that object.

It will default to showing the save file header.  Click on "SaveGame" to jump to the top of the file and work your way down to the more interesting bits.

Hi RoboPhred,

Do you happen to know if it is possible to use Duplicity to see and/or edit if a game has used debug? Debug disables achievements, and although I'm very sure I haven't used it this game, I still am not getting achievements so I wanted to check.

Would appreciate an answer! Thanks a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MF99K    1,990
Posted (edited)

image.png.08fef38938589443594eb84c7623bdc7.png

I'm guessing this is about the game version and not the save file version? (ik it would be the same but for communication's sake)

does this mean my game is currently incompatible with the save editor?

 

Edit: nvm it means I forgot to reload the webpage

Edited by MF99K
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairath    834
8 minutes ago, badgamer123 said:

any plan to cheat the achievements?some of them being time limited is so annoying,eye sore....

So you just don't do them? They're achievements after all :/

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harmonium    67

Lol cheat the achievement, they are there to get some fun doing Something, if you want cheat them, ignore them completely 

1466366609-risitas96.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MF99K    1,990

this is a minor thing and maybe I just missed it but do you think it would be possible to allow people to edit duplicant genders in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merkury90    4

One more question.

Do you think it would be possible to let us edit value responsible for setting flag that debug mode was used on the save?
Apparently even if you don't use it but the file is there the save game will be busted and Steam Achievements not possible to get.

I was trying to find something with Hex editor, but apart from something called "debugWasUsed" I couldn't find anything useful...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now