RoboPhred    132
On 5/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, Boothzor said:

Thanks for all your work with this.

With the previous version, it was possible to adjust the values of items and objects e.g. batteries. Is this still possible in the updated version, as I can't see an option to drill down into?

Something like that still exists, although the UI needs a lot of work.  Click on the "Raw Editor" option.  Along the top will be drop downs to access various parts of the save file.  Click on the "Save Game" text along the top to go to the root of the file, then select "gameObjects" from the dropdown.  The next dropdown to appear will let you select from the various categories of game objects.

image.thumb.png.7e167a598c27cf100c2a8dc9dd4c3401.png\

Hey, the "save" button isn't showing up. Any way to fix this?

10 minutes ago, prof_biscuit said:

image.thumb.png.7e167a598c27cf100c2a8dc9dd4c3401.png\

Hey, the "save" button isn't showing up. Any way to fix this?

Nevermind, seems that something with the file got weird, and now it's fixed

RoboPhred    132

The "Example" indicator at the top right shows that you clicked the "Load Example" button, rather than the "Load File" button.  This loads some dummy data that I use for testing everything.  The example data cannot be saved since it is missing a lot of the data a real save will have.

habuky    43
Posted (edited)

I have problems saving the attributes. Especially after lowering them. Often changes are not detected and the editor doesn't show the "modified"-flag. when changing the attributes.  Forcing the modified-flag by changing the hair didn't help.

E.g. I decrease cooking to 0, save the file and reload it in the editor, but then cooking skill is still there with 1 instead of 0.
Increasing works more or less after several saving and reloading attempts but also unreliable.  

I tried in Firefox.(+ Save Mode w/o add-ons). Refresh site. in IE11 the editor won't load. - Nothing helped.

And am I too stupid or can't we rename dupes in the editor any more?

Thanks!

File enclosed

Edit: it is possible to change the settings using the raw editor

SaveGame > gameObjects >  Minion > gameObjects >  [Dupe ID] > behaviors >Klei.AI.AttributeLevels

edit.sav

Edited by habuky

Posted (edited)

I am attempting to write a program or two based on your work, but I prefer to write in C++. Trying to duplicate what you've done with oni-save-parser. Do you have a basic outline of what the save file looks like other than what's coded?

Edited by mosquitobait

RoboPhred    132
On 6/3/2019 at 7:07 PM, mosquitobait said:

I am attempting to write a program or two based on your work, but I prefer to write in C++. Trying to duplicate what you've done with oni-save-parser. Do you have a basic outline of what the save file looks like other than what's coded?

Unfortunately not.  I had that goal in mind when I started the rewrite, but did not follow up on it.

I might start writing documentation for it now that I know someone is interested in it, but I can't commit to much right now.  I am always willing to answer any questions you have though, or give you pointers if you get stuck.

suxkar    9
Posted (edited)

Hello! First of all, thank you for your work!

I was wondering, is it possible to edit the planets in the starmap? I tried browsing the raw code but it's kinda like a needle in a haystack..

EDIT: It would be enough for me to be pointed into the direction.. Since the editor is online I can't/don't know how to even search for like "planet1" in the code.

Edited by suxkar

mathmanican    1,101
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, suxkar said:

is it possible to edit the planets in the starmap?

Here is a mod which allows you to add planets. 

Edited by mathmanican

RoboPhred    132

I explored the idea of a planet editor before, but didn't make much progress on it.  Currently, the UI has read-only support for planets, but the save parser itself can modify them.

To get to the planets, load your save file and navigate to `#/planets` by typing in the url manually, ex `https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/#/planets`.

In the code, each planet is rendered by PlanetListItem and edited by AbstractPlanet.  AbstractPlanet already has an edit function (onPlanetModify), so the only thing left is for the UI to support changing the planet type and updating the planet content.

If you change the planet type without changing the planet's content, the game will wipe the content that does not match and you will likely be left with a planet that doesn't contain anything.  You will need to update the content of the planet to match what that planet type should have.

suxkar    9
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Here is a mod which allows you to add planets. 

Thanks! I'll take a look!

8 hours ago, RoboPhred said:

I explored the idea of a planet editor before, but didn't make much progress on it.  Currently, the UI has read-only support for planets, but the save parser itself can modify them.

To get to the planets, load your save file and navigate to `#/planets` by typing in the url manually, ex `https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/#/planets`.

In the code, each planet is rendered by PlanetListItem and edited by AbstractPlanet.  AbstractPlanet already has an edit function (onPlanetModify), so the only thing left is for the UI to support changing the planet type and updating the planet content.

If you change the planet type without changing the planet's content, the game will wipe the content that does not match and you will likely be left with a planet that doesn't contain anything.  You will need to update the content of the planet to match what that planet type should have.

Oh! Thanks for the quick reply! I can see the planets but I'm not sure how to edit them since the url offers a UI and not code. How do I get to the raw code?
Well.. may be what I'm saying doesn't even make sense.. May be I don't know enough about this stuff :?

Edited by suxkar