New food meta: infinite eggs

28 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

The Co2 can be used for slicksters. If it's liquid you can use it for cooling before feeding it to the slicksters.

Slicksters got nerfed, they eat a lot LESS CO2 then before.  Just the CO2 from dupes at the bottom of your base is enough now

Anyone notice that Mouseover Text on the map isn't there on unexplored areas anymore? I've tried to see what hidden geysers are on other maps I started by can't see them anymore even with the console opened. Basically no mouseover text on any area not in the explored areas.

Nevermind it seems to have gone away when I restarted the game. 

I hope they remove fried eggs and instead introduce more different recipes that involve eggs instead.  They can even add a lot of kcals to the food, but it should involve something that requires farming.  Food will become boring again if they don't change something I fear.

22 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I hope they remove fried eggs and instead introduce more different recipes that involve eggs instead.  They can even add a lot of kcals to the food, but it should involve something that requires farming.  Food will become boring again if they don't change something I fear.

There's a rather easy solution to the food meta problem. Introduce a malnutrition debuff or disease. If dupes are fed the same food over and over they get malnutrition which must be treated in a medbay like slimelung. Naturally this would also necessarily introduce a check to determine what food the dupe should eat but this should be handled without player interaction. Dupes will select the highest quality food available to them that meet their expectation but will favour diet diversity.

Naturally, it'd be nice if smart fridges (and smart compactors) worked like they should do to automate cooking a diverse diet.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

There's a rather easy solution to the food meta problem. Introduce a malnutrition debuff or disease. If dupes are fed the same food over and over they get malnutrition which must be treated in a medbay like slimelung.

Alternately, each Dupe has a favorite food which gives them a decent buff if consumed. These favorite foods all come from a list of foods that must be prepared on the grill. Since a Dupe's favorite food would be randomized, then the more dupes you have means there's a greater number of 'favorites' you would have to keep track of.

So, the optimal strategy for ensuring all your dupes have access to their favorite foods would be to just make some of everything. The more variety of foods your colony has, the more likely that any individual dupe would be able to find their favorite.

If the consumables menu ever allows priority for individual dupes and foods, then each dupe's favorite food could be shown in a bright color to better make it stand out, and then a dupe would naturally put greater priority to eating their favorite.

Edit: Or maybe eating their favorite food somehow suppresses their individual flaw for a cycle? Not sure if that would make sense or be enough to really encourage it.

Archived