1 minute ago, Master Miner said:

As liquid tepidizers don't heat gases any more it seems that there is no sustainable way to heat gases and liquids above around 175°C.

Using liquid tepidizers to heat gases and indirectly liquids to high temperatures was fun. It's a pity that this isn't working any more.

The gold amalgam one should get a buff to heat water that extra 50C

There is evidence we are getting a new item in the next patch called the Burner, which specializes in extremely high heat output (300+C)

This item also fits in with the theory that we soon will be seeing a Flammability update in the near future.  Caustic Biome?  No, that biome is the FIRE biome now boys.

I'm using tungsten metal tiles on top of magma to convert crude oil into natural gas. Only problem is, the natural gas that is generated is too hot, at least 200 C, so I need a cooling tower and a cooling room which uses a thermo regulator with hydrogen looping through it. I'll often see some liquid gold on top of the heating surface and wonder where the heck it came from, only to discover I no longer have a liquid vent that used to supply the crude oil into the system. As bzzz said above there a no pumps that work above 125 C, so it would be nice to be able to make pumps, vents, etc out of tungsten so they have a high melting point and overheat temperature.

5 minutes ago, madcat1188 said:

I'm using tungsten metal tiles on top of magma to convert crude oil into natural gas. Only problem is, the natural gas that is generated is too hot, at least 200 C, so I need a cooling tower and a cooling room which uses a thermo regulator with hydrogen looping through it. I'll often see some liquid gold on top of the heating surface and wonder where the heck it came from, only to discover I no longer have a liquid vent that used to supply the crude oil into the system. As bzzz said above there a no pumps that work above 125 C, so it would be nice to be able to make pumps, vents, etc out of tungsten so they have a high melting point and overheat temperature.

Could be nice to have a new alloy made by existing metals, with high temperature characteristics. Perhaps a whole new set of pump designs based on multiple new alloys. Maybe an extreme low temperature version as well.

15 hours ago, madcat1188 said:

I'm using tungsten metal tiles on top of magma to convert crude oil into natural gas. Only problem is, the natural gas that is generated is too hot, at least 200 C

You can make a heat exchanger where the hot natural gas passes "around" tungsten pipes with slowly flowing crude oil, pre-heating it before vaporization, and as a second stage heat exchanger with polluted water.

But this all is not sustainable because it will use up the heat from magma very soon.

Archived