Wires difference

I'm just curious.

Wire has 1kW limit, Conduction wire has 2kW limit, so it makes a sense to build them.

However Heavi-Watt Wire has 20kW limit but Heavi Conductive Wire has same limit. I don't see any benefit investing refined resources into building these. What am I missing?

On 12/02/2018 at 4:24 PM, felix920506 said:

they should add "Supercoducting Wire" which should have no impact on decor and have an unlimited load

All wires in the game are already superconducting. They have no resistance. A common misconception about superconductors is that they can transfer unlimited power. They can't. They have a critical current at which point they start to have resistance. Once that happens the cable quickly breaks down.

The only significant difference I feel is that Heavi-Conductive wires transfer a lot more heat the heavi-watt wires. This equalizes the heat in the base more rapidly. But all this does is to transport heat from the powerplants to your whole base, which is actually not desired.

3 hours ago, Haladon said:

The only significant difference I feel is that Heavi-Conductive wires transfer a lot more heat the heavi-watt wires. This equalizes the heat in the base more rapidly. But all this does is to transport heat from the powerplants to your whole base, which is actually not desired.

Wires do not transfer heat at all.

On 15/02/2018 at 6:12 AM, DraconicSiege said:

I think it would make more sense for the Heavi-Conductive Wire to be 25-30kW. I don't see the decor values factoring into my builds because I always put the Heavi-Watt wire behind walls and crawl-ways. For me, Heavi-Conductive Wire is currently useless. 

Just because you don't see a use for the decor values doesn't mean everyone else doesn't, I use them because they are all above my living quarters and airflow tiles do not block the decor. So having the lowered decor range is picture perfect for me. 

Plus its 20kw, thats more than 20 power gens, Unless you use Petroleum or Steam generators. How much power do you need for your base that can cause you to go over that, plus you can easily split your powerload over wiring systems, versus you cannot reduce decor range.

On 15.02.2018 at 7:16 AM, The_Yok said:

It has better decor and the range is less impactful. The numbers don't pop out but in application it goes from -200 decor to -100.

Maybe ill do atest one day for worst decor possible,mhehehehe..

Archived