[Game Update] - 253600

Just something I've noticed, it seems dupes are ignoring priority in general now.  I've got my researcher doing unmarked sweep task (for bins all assigned at priority 5), instead of his hamster wheel (priority 8) or research table (priority 8).

EDIT: Scratch that, generator itself is the problem, it is acting like the battery is full despite being empty.

Edited by Steelflame
  • Like 1

@Cheerio it just seems to be that 0% battery thresh hold for working on a hamster wheel means now it will never turn on as 0% is sufficient, unlike before where 0% meant ok, you start at 0% battery.  Probably the same for other generators too.

I do have the save set aside though regardless, once I get some more time I'll upload it though but it seems like a very simple and easy to reproduce issue that was probably caused by some minor change in the battery code.  May have been there in the patch you turned on battery decay and I just never noticed it as I had already been past hamsterwheel stage and my other generators had thresh-holds higher than 0%.

I don't know that what I've found is this version related, but seems game sometime don't show dupe tool animation while they use them. Also sometimes their hat magically disappears then if starting another task it reappears.

Forbidding items can be really helpful, sometimes dupes just take what they want even the ones covered in slimlungs, happened to me just now, one dupe went outside grab a gold amalgum with slimelung, good thing theres a hand sanitizer on the entrance, i forced move her to drop the gold near the hatches, let them eat the slimlungs bwuahahahaha! :D

I have terrible lag spikes during the preview, specifically while building liquid pipes (might as well occur with gas pipes idk). Otherwise the game is very smooth and fast.

It is my first longer playthrough with 100+ cycles in the preview, so far I focussed on the early game and restarted a whole bunch to figure out different job configurations and build orders, so these spikes never occured. Also in the live version the game runs smooth.

Here is the save:

Committee.sav

1 hour ago, clickrush said:

I have terrible lag spikes during the preview, specifically while building liquid pipes (might as well occur with gas pipes idk). Otherwise the game is very smooth and fast.

It is my first longer playthrough with 100+ cycles in the preview, so far I focussed on the early game and restarted a whole bunch to figure out different job configurations and build orders, so these spikes never occured. Also in the live version the game runs smooth.

Here is the save:

Committee.sav

It runs worse than the live version because it's not the stable release.

They're adding in new radically different stuff with this update too, so it might take them a bit to smooth out the kinks and properly optimize it for release.

Just now, watermelen671 said:

It runs worse than the live version because it's not the stable release.

They're adding in new radically different stuff with this update too, so it might take them a bit to smooth out the kinks and properly optimize it for release.

I assumed that, but nontheless I thought it would be useful to share.

• Like 2

I've only noticed significant lag when both scrolling (wasd) and having a build able object ( in place mode ) in motion on the screen. Other than that lag-for-no-reason - my system is usually running around 60% of it's clock speed - maybe using 80% of two cores, and my rx480 is usually under ~25% load. I think the performance improvements, even in preview, are astoundingly better.