How do you get back to your base with out dying of temperature during winter and summer after you respawn with a touch stone?

It's also possible to carry around a life amulet and haunt it to resurrect yourself at the location you died at (just make sure to keep it in your normal inventory and not a bag, otherwise you can't haunt it). That way you can collect your belongings right then and there. It puts enemies to sleep for a few moments as well.

Ah, yes.  My least-favourite type of death--the DOUBLE-death.  I always mean to have a chest with basic weather supplies there at the touchstone...and almost never get around to it.  : P  "Okay, so I'll have materials for both kinds of fire, and a thermal stone, and a logsuit and spear so I can fight off whatever killed me in the first place...and oh I seem to have died already and spent all my time exploring, gathering and working on my base..whoops."

Yeah, that's pretty much how it tends to go.  Heh.

Sometimes I build nearish to a touchstone (nearISH.  The ish is important) for exactly that stupid reason!  : P

...Notorious

i like to place a backpack near a touchstone with some essentials to surviving. logs, grass, twigs, maybe a weapon, armor if im swimming in it, you get the idea. in the case of food, unless youre wigfrid, carrots are there if you left them alone.

and as @Rellimarual said, carrying around prebuilt fires is a super handy thing to do, as that way you always have a fallback if necessary for the harsher seasons.

Don't use touchstones. Life Giving Amulets are pretty cheap, can be put down in your base, and don't give a health penalty when you revive from them. You can usually find an amulet (or at least the gems to make one) in the graveyard, but you can always try underground earthquakes or stalagmite mining if you don't find any red gems on the surface.

Archived