What other mons can sense nightmare creatures other then spiders?

I've got the feeling that every... Single... Creature... Is in some way shape or form related to "them". It is a world of shadows, correct? A stage even, if you look back to the Final Act. It's all one huge stage. Run by "Them". Waiting... Lurking...

Only entities with a Sanity component can attack nightmare creatures, I have a custom pet hound but he has Sanity and he is able to attack nightmare creatures with me.

Since human is the only creature in all of plane of existence that possess sanity then only humans can sense nightmare creatures, I think nightmare creatures cannot even sense other nightmare creatures because they always start bumping into each other  trying to shove each other out of the way like they can't see each other or maybe they're just stupid.

Toadstool's attacks can kill shadow creatures (though I don't think it can "detect" them). Many a time after murdering one I have seen pieces of nightmare fuel all over the cave floor - poor shadow creatures caught in the crossfire.

On 1/8/2018 at 8:43 PM, Gigibyte said:

Bernie reacts to the crawling horrors, pretty sure it doesn't count

Naw lol 

On 1/8/2018 at 10:26 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, spiders shouldn't be able to detect them. That's likely a bug.

Or they should... Makes sense about a Webber keep their sanity up... 

6 hours ago, Electroely said:

Only players and Bernie have the ability to interact with shadow creatures. Spiders can't interact with them, they're just coded to come out of their den if anything lacking a specific tag steps on it (Klei probably forgot to give them that tag.)

No interact but sense...

17 minutes ago, clri said:

Toadstool's attacks can kill shadow creatures (though I don't think it can "detect" them). Many a time after murdering one I have seen pieces of nightmare fuel all over the cave floor - poor shadow creatures caught in the crossfire.

Woahhhh

Archived