trapped warning

On 30.12.2017 at 12:00 PM, Zarquan said:

I think that a warning when a dupe's area of movement suddenly reduces significantly or the dupe can not reach oxygen would or food when there is oxygen and food would be very convenient.

Similar warnings i had some time ago ("bed/food out of reach" or similar.) I tested it now and got no warnings.

The messages that appear on the left of the UI could be visually differentiated from the less important ones. e.g. Research finished is less important than building damaged, or duplicant trapped. Rimworld has normal text boxes / notifications, yellow, and (I believe) red ones.

A simple solution would be a notification... not a warning... that the dupe cannot path to the printing pod.

This would be similar to the unreachable food and bed out of reach notifications.

A menu that would promote or demote notifications to warning status or the reverse would be extremely helpful because rotten food and such warnings I don't care about and are just annoying. If they were notifications instead that would be preferable.

5 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

or a building, like a mailoffice, where you can sort mail/massages inbox/spam, for notifications (error edit/color/sound)..

I meant as part of the options menu for the game itself. So you can toggle notifications on/off or promote them to warnings separately.

There is an alarm for entombment (when they are entombed in a block).  I certainly think there should be custom warnings.  If the person can not reach food OR bed OR oxygen, set off alarm "Trapped Duplicant."  The only problem is how do you prevent frequent false alarms?  I get messages flashing about unreachable bed even though the beds are completely reachable quite frequently.  They only last for less than a second, but if they made a noise, I would be annoyed.

Also, then we could probably turn off the "Food has decayed" alarm.  The constant beeping makes me not want to have massive mealwood rotting fields, like they didn't intend for that to be an option.

So this actually happens with Current Unmeetable Needs( Bathroom, food, bed) IF the dupe needs these things, you will get an alarm if they can't get them.  That already happens.  To turn off your rotting field alarm put a locked door on it, the alarm turns off.

I haven't noticed that alarm.  I usually don't see any alarms until they start suffocating.  I get a low level warning about unreachable beds and things like that, but no warnings. 

That is nice to know that that removes the alarm, but I want my dupes to be able to move the polluted dirt around.  Burn some of it to make sand.  Things like that.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:01 AM, Oozinator said:

Yes Sir, i understand, but i still like the mailoffice thing. There you can ingame configure, what you want to edit in the menue!
^^

I acualy really like that idea. I think a menu where you could change what beeps and what doesn't would be extremely helpful

a menu to prioritize messages would be great. I also like the need to unlock this with a building and some tech. perhaps a "worker management/surveillance"-console which has to be tinkered with by a dupe to make changes. first thing I would change is the alarm for "plant died"... 

OT: I'd prefer the alarm for "dupe not finding a path to the printing pod". I guess the false positives wouldn't be that annoying. Even when I lock a dupe out to get some work done, it would be a welcomed reminder to not get distracted a forget to let them in for the night. Only case that I can think of when that alarm would really annoy me is if I'd use an outpost which is cut off from the base. For that a comm-station could be added so they can talk to their friends and don't get homesick...

Archived