Is the winter feast even going to happen this year?

You can actually just set last years winter feast event when creating your world, as well as hollowed nights and year of the gobbler in case you didn't know. I just recently made this discovery for myself. Got a bit tired of trying to sort the candy out from my gold nuggets from the pig king. 

Yes, but you can set this for new world's. Once you set your event and create the world...there is no option to change it.

Me and my girlfriend play mostly in our 500+ world...and we still wait hallowed nights to be removed from our auto config server. Aaand yes...we wait for the winter feast as well :). It's ridiculous  in mid December the pig king to throw you candies :)

On 12/11/2017 at 7:58 PM, tenth said:

It may start the day of Christmas. Not unlike how hallowed nights started on Halloween. But this is just a guess :/

That was due to Forge coinciding with the month. It was the first time they've done Forge, so it was nice they even moved Hallowed Nights in November to let us have both. If Winter Feast and next Constant New Year event is late, I won't mind. People at Klei are going to be on break for a couple of weeks:

Anybody knows if the Winter Feast items (chest skin, 2 hat skins and 2 outfit) that showed up in the inventory highlighted in Yellow will stay in my collection for good or not? It doesn't have any description like the Halloween items that described that it you can try out the skins for a limited time. All it says its an "event" item but it doesnt mention anything about trying it out for a limited time, so I'm wondering if we get to keep the items or not.

17 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

Anybody knows if the Winter Feast items (chest skin, 2 hat skins and 2 outfit) that showed up in the inventory highlighted in Yellow will stay in my collection for good or not? It doesn't have any description like the Halloween items that described that it you can try out the skins for a limited time. All it says its an "event" item but it doesnt mention anything about trying it out for a limited time, so I'm wondering if we get to keep the items or not.

The items highlighted in yellow are temporary and will only be around for the holidays. Craft some cute hats and wear the coats while you can!

Archived