Although it isn't an SR latch, you can plug an XOR Gate into itself and use pulse signals to toggle its state:

XORLatch.thumb.png.c95baeecb1bdcee6381b2a72738a7ecd.png

In this illustration, every time the Signal Switch is flipped to the "on" position, the NOT+AND contraption converts the signal into a pulse, which gets sent to the XOR Gate. Each time the Signal Switch is flipped on, the output of the XOR Gate will alternate states.

From the point of view of electrical engineering, this isn't really practical. But when designing Automation machines in Oxygen Not Included, I feel using XOR latches with pulse signals is a much better approach since it requires far fewer resources and space to set up and make use of.

It's the most common

11 minutes ago, GuyPerfect said:

Although it isn't an SR latch, you can plug an XOR Gate into itself and use pulse signals to toggle its state:

It's basically a T latch. And used many places. Several are described in the linked thread above. As are an RS latche based OR->NOT gates which uses less resources than the NOT-NOT->AND gates outlined by the OP.

Lets be nice. Here is a example of a SR latch in use in combination with oxygen generation / hydrogen seperation.

This system is self sustainable + creates excess power.

Consumes water that i get from cleaning sewer water, heat is around 60-70 in the top, kills of most germs before they get anywhere.

Nothing special really, right now i'm looking into how to cool it down again, maybe use some of the excess power for that ?

Also got 2 gas geysers AND a water geyser, all untapped. What am i doin? no idea, i hate geysers ! 

Anyway, since you got issues finding any topics on SR latches, i figure you need it. :)

20171210214948_1.jpg

20171210215009_1.jpg

20171210215217_1.jpg

10 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

astable multivibrator with single input control, (SR latch with 1 controller) in this configuration the thermometer acts as the on/off switch to the flip/flop circuit, thus this maintains the temperature in this area at or above X

I'm curious as to how that would be different than having it controlled directly by the sensor?

its out of water and as such could then be used for climate control in non liquid environments, in addition the flip flop effect seems to prevent circuit overload in the power supply, you can't see it but there is other equipment on the circuit off screen.

Archived