Any way to rollback to a certain day, or a console command to rollback to a day?

I had a phone call and i used the Global Pause mod, but when i unpaused the game put me 11 days later on day 23, i paused on day 12 in the morning.

I want to go back to that day i got a very good world gen and i was rushing bosses wanted to do Dragonfly ancient guardian and klaus on day 25 or less i was already at ruins on day 12 looking for ancient guardian after killing dragonfly on day 7.

Or is there a way to get the same world from day one? i mean how can i seed a world?

You can rollback only 5 days, because more aren't saved. Every new day the oldest save gets replaced. If you want to eventually rollback more, I could recommend making some backup.

Btw, it seems that that mod didn't work too well?...

Another idea: if you suddenly must go for a short time (like this call), you can shut down the server (and ask the others to leave before, if there are any), or ask the host to shut id down for a short. 

I don't know much about map seeding, so maybe others will be able to help with that.

2 hours ago, cezarica said:

On dedicated servers in cluster.ini at [MISC] section you can set max_snapshots to whatever you want, for instance max_snapshots = 100

that means the frequency at where the game is saved?

also i can manually save with the command to save the world if needed?

I was so happy with that world gen:

Got pig king in the limits of the Dragonfly desert and close to swamps and 2 screens away was the queen bee, the cave entrance near the queen bee was on a bluecap forest very near to the ruin entrance.

It was like a dream come true for how i usually play the game.

I like to rush dragonfly 4-5 days then go caves kill ancient guardian hope for lazy explorer, craft magni amulet then go surface farm tentacle books kill queenbee for bundle wraps then wait for klaus to spawn kill it for chances of krapus sack and/or cool stuff meanwhile i explored all the map with the magni amulet pretty fast.

Having all that stuff very close was really good :S

Anyway i deleted the world and started over.

But any help for the future migth be great!

Here is my server cluster:

[GAMEPLAY]
game_mode = survival
max_players = 1
pvp = false
pause_when_empty = true

[NETWORK]
lan_only_cluster = false
cluster_intention = cooperative
cluster_description = 
cluster_name = Soulk's World
offline_cluster = false
cluster_password = 

[MISC]
console_enabled = true

[SHARD]
shard_enabled = true
bind_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_port = 10888
cluster_key = defaultPass

what to do???

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

open console commands 

type c_rollback(3)

that should do it

Thanks freya <3, but i lost 11 days xD, also i would like to disable console i dont like the cheat option haha

Also if anyone knows how to seed a world gen?

I got a couple seeds i want to test they have 10 digits, where do i put them in the worldgen.lua as the old guides ar outdated as some of the lines they say to change are not present anymore on the updated worldgen.lua

12 hours ago, fimmatek said:

You can rollback only 5 days, because more aren't saved. Every new day the oldest save gets replaced. If you want to eventually rollback more, I could recommend making some backup.

Btw, it seems that that mod didn't work too well?...

Another idea: if you suddenly must go for a short time (like this call), you can shut down the server (and ask the others to leave before, if there are any), or ask the host to shut id down for a short. 

I don't know much about map seeding, so maybe others will be able to help with that.

that is not true.. you have 5 rollback slots for each world

7 hours ago, Soulk said:

that means the frequency at where the game is saved?

also i can manually save with the command to save the world if needed?

I was so happy with that world gen:

Got pig king in the limits of the Dragonfly desert and close to swamps and 2 screens away was the queen bee, the cave entrance near the queen bee was on a bluecap forest very near to the ruin entrance.

It was like a dream come true for how i usually play the game.

I like to rush dragonfly 4-5 days then go caves kill ancient guardian hope for lazy explorer, craft magni amulet then go surface farm tentacle books kill queenbee for bundle wraps then wait for klaus to spawn kill it for chances of krapus sack and/or cool stuff meanwhile i explored all the map with the magni amulet pretty fast.

Having all that stuff very close was really good :S

Anyway i deleted the world and started over.

But any help for the future migth be great!

Here is my server cluster:

[GAMEPLAY]
game_mode = survival
max_players = 1
pvp = false
pause_when_empty = true

[NETWORK]
lan_only_cluster = false
cluster_intention = cooperative
cluster_description = 
cluster_name = Soulk's World
offline_cluster = false
cluster_password = 

[MISC]
console_enabled = true

[SHARD]
shard_enabled = true
bind_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_port = 10888
cluster_key = defaultPass

what to do???

Thanks freya <3, but i lost 11 days xD, also i would like to disable console i dont like the cheat option haha

Also if anyone knows how to seed a world gen?

I got a couple seeds i want to test they have 10 digits, where do i put them in the worldgen.lua as the old guides ar outdated as some of the lines they say to change are not present anymore on the updated worldgen.lua

soulk.. the command rollback it takes you to the the previous rollback BUT there are more than one savng spots you can come to.

In my experience, rollback 3 can take you 10-15 days back, depending how many times you manually disconnected to actually make a save.

"c_rollback(3)" means it's gonna take you to the previous three save file

8 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

yeah, I meant so...

but that is not what you said... 

12 hours ago, fimmatek said:

You can rollback only 5 days, because more aren't saved. 

Souk.. if you decide to use the in-game option it's probably not gonna work best, but you can make it work. Just hit quickly rollback many times in the in-game option, this can take u many saves back, but it's technically a glitch and it is not reliable cuz you cannot predict the day your world is gonna rollback.

And the console option... lol... just don't use it... enabling the console and not using it for cheats... that's the real challenge xD

13 hours ago, fimmatek said:

You can rollback only 5 days, because more aren't saved. Every new day the oldest save gets replaced.

49 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

that is not true.. you have 5 rollback slots for each world

48 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

but that is not what you said... 

We were speaking of a world, so for me it was obvious that I was speaking about the rollbacks of one world. Sorry if it was misunderstandable.

Whatever you set to max_snapshots means the game will save that amount of days starting with current day backwards. Default being 5 means if you are at day 10 for instance you could roll back 5 days up to day 5 but not more than that. If for instance you had it set to 10 and you where in day 10 then you basically can roll back 10 days back to the start of the world.

And no, whatever you set in max_snapshots (if you haven't then is set to 5 by default) is the max amount of days you can roll back. The number you mention in c_rollback() means how many days to roll back so if you said 3 then will go back 3 days, not 10 nor 15.

18 hours ago, cezarica said:

Whatever you set to max_snapshots means the game will save that amount of days starting with current day backwards. Default being 5 means if you are at day 10 for instance you could roll back 5 days up to day 5 but not more than that. If for instance you had it set to 10 and you where in day 10 then you basically can roll back 10 days back to the start of the world.

And no, whatever you set in max_snapshots (if you haven't then is set to 5 by default) is the max amount of days you can roll back. The number you mention in c_rollback() means how many days to roll back so if you said 3 then will go back 3 days, not 10 nor 15.

not true 

c_rollback(3) means you go back to the third last save.

9 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

not true 

c_rollback(3) means you go back to the third last save.

You claimed at first that "a rollback 3 can take you 10-15 days back" and now this. Get your facts straigth cos you talk without thinking. 1 save means one day of the world, so if you set max_snapshots = 100 (default is 5) for instance you can roll back up to 100 days backwards starting with the day the world is at.

Archived