Help, I started with no gold rocks

So a few days ago I started a new dst world. For the first couple of days I run around the world to find all of the biomes and later realized that I didn't have a rock biome. I had plenty of regular rocks thanks to deserts but the only gold rocks I could find were ones in the middle of other biomes. Is this something that can happen with the world generation and will I just have to go cave dwelling?

20 minutes ago, Slush said:

So a few days ago I started a new dst world. For the first couple of days I run around the world to find all of the biomes and later realized that I didn't have a rock biome. I had plenty of regular rocks thanks to deserts but the only gold rocks I could find were ones in the middle of other biomes. Is this something that can happen with the world generation and will I just have to go cave dwelling?

I don't know about that, but I would look at the settings.  Maybe you set the world at no gold or not boulders (I assume you can do that).  If not, then you may have to go digging in a graveyard and trade with the pig king.

Huh, that's... not something I've heard of before. You can at least trade stuff to the pig king for gold? Plus it just lies around in graveyards and mosaic biomes, as far as making your first science machine and such goes. Beyond that, yeah, going into the caves to mine a bunch of gold sounds like a pretty good idea.

My guess would be that you just missed/forgot a land connection somewhere. An entire biome not spawning would be very strange.

18 hours ago, Slush said:

Is this something that can happen with the world generation and will I just have to go cave dwelling?

my first bet is that you are missing something

my first idea if i had trouble finding gold is to go to pig king - graverobbing, desert exploring and creature hunting is more productive at getting gold

I circled the rock areas I found recently, they seem to have spawned inside of a savanna but they only had a couple of gold rocks, but as you can see there are no proper rock biomes and no biomes I haven't gone to.

Screenshot (37)_LI.jpg

42 minutes ago, landromat said:

Twiggy trees is the best way to produce twigs in late game if disease is on and desert is far away

I've found a few twiggy trees around anyway but that's not really what I'm concerned about right now :/

Archived