The current state of willow in dst

I feel like in singleplayer dont starve willow is a pretty ballanced character, going insane has its risks but if you plan for it you are able to do it safely and farm some nightmare fuel however in dont starve together going insane as willow just feels unfair, you arent able to farm nightmare fuel well and it can literally kill you, is klei going to continue making rebalances, if so i hope they will tweak willow a bit so that she still has a downside but one that is, like it is in base game something you can prepare for.

Going insane as Willow isn't really that dangerous. You can't freeze because of the sanity chills unless you're wet.

EDIT- I just looked at the wiki page about DST Willow and cringed at how vague it is in regard to her sanity chills. Can somebody with privileges on the wiki fix that because it won't let me fix it and it's really irritating.

Willow's downside is better suited for her in Together in my opinion since instead of just placing down a fire, which has the potential to accidentally ruin everybody's base, you gotta light the fire yourself to warm up, and use Bernie to evade the nightmares. It would be nice to have some better fire resistance though.

25 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

Better fire resistance isn't enough, they need to give back the fire immunity. Fire damage isn't a big enough problem in this game for slight resistance to mean anything.

And she's still able to overheat anyway, so even if she's immune again it's not like she could stand in fire forever.

Willow's OK (not particularly good, but OK) now that they made it so she doesn't freeze from sanity unless it's already below freezing (or wet enough to get there). Still wish the Lighter was worth using past the first 10 days and that Bernie worked on ruins nightmares (you have to be insane), but ah well. She's mostly got stuff that's nice on new players (like simple sanity regen), but not very relevant later.

Her best perk might be her sanity chills; now that the downside's nerfed, it's mostly a good thing in that you can gain summer resist. Summer heat is definitely a nuisance, and if you stay at low sanity she can -completely- avoid overheating during the first and last few days, while holding it off a lot longer towards the middle (with gear helping of course). The problem is, I'm not sure how effective it is if you stay at enough sanity to avoid fighting nightmares, and it's questionable whether it's worth the effort over just dealing with heat :T

IIRC she's immune to fire damage for the first few seconds now, so if you move in/out periodically you won't get hurt? Still not really sure why the immunity was removed, but.

4 hours ago, Tumalu said:

Still not really sure why the immunity was removed, but.

Fire immunity was removed because it gave her a huge advantage in PVP back when that was relevant. But Klei did pretty much nothing else to balance PVP and it's dead because of that, so there's no reason for her not to have fire immunity.

1 hour ago, Tumalu said:

I do remember catching on fire in DST used to deal obscene amounts of damage because random lightning strikes would set you on fire and deal like half of your bluggin' hp holy crud why? I don't think they do anymore, though.

Those were some fun times.

Archived