Load my save and see if it lags

Woah storage locker invasion ^^
Yes i get 1-3 FPS max. You can prevent that a bit, when you store only one material in one storage locker and then lock them up, in a locked room.
That really helps. I try to store most in locked rooms like here.
Look at my FPS left top corner and i run an old i-2500k..
Sometimes it drops below 20, but after the performance updates, it runs ok.
image.thumb.png.91fe6b83ecfc191599994f5e3d92ce71.png

Whew, glad it wasn't just me. :D  Yeah, I'll start sectioning each material to their own storage bins.

And Thank You! That was really helpful.

I deconstructed the storages and swept the floor using debug mode but that didn't do much. However after turning a good portion of the bottom map into abyssalite...I went from 1 fps to 19 fps! Which makes sense because the lag started when I dug close to the oil biome.

I know the picture shows 9 fps but this is with the whole map visible.

LaggyOilMagma.thumb.png.130d63ebb26c3c31c437a10aa93a8fae.png

Whoa man, go easy on paths!

Do this and fps rockets to 60:

Spoiler

OxygenNotIncluded_2017-11-18_06-47-54.thumb.jpg.00fc10e73f32a4a8c9ad882226c3cad4.jpg

If you give duplicants way too many possible paths, the game tries to calculate all possible combinations, make paths as linear as possible, that means ladders in only one column.

Something more or less like this (mind the mess)

Spoiler

5a100d32c9c07_InsignificantTimelapse500.thumb.png.01e5db7b65a98f5626d1826d613c2353.png

With that in mind (remember, 1 column ladders) it now runs at 22~30fps:
TheSuperDuperAcropolis.sav

@Octyabr HOLY! You've worked some kind of magic!

I replicated your save by deconstructing the ladders and changing some doors and WOW! I am amazed. Yes 20 fps! I'll have to redesign the whole base.

And Thank You! Now I can actually listen to music while playing. My jaw hasn't come back from the floor yet. :D

Good night. I'll come back tomorrow if there are other replies.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:48 AM, Octyabr said:

Stuff

What do you mean "1 column ladders"?

I'm exhausted, are you saying only one ladder rather than one on each side of a room? Are you saying pneumatic doors should be auto instead of opened? I can't comprehend this, it's like moon speak to me right now. Can I get a picture with infographics? Pretend I'm a talking, typing pigeon and assume my capacity for learning is rudimentary at best.

Sorry for the trouble. netSd69.gif

16 minutes ago, eggsvbacon said:

What do you mean "1 column ladders"?

I'm exhausted, are you saying only one ladder rather than one on each side of a room? Are you saying pneumatic doors should be auto instead of opened? I can't comprehend this, it's like moon speak to me right now. Can I get a picture with infographics? Pretend I'm a talking, typing pigeon and assume my capacity for learning is rudimentary at best.

Sorry for the trouble. netSd69.gif

I think he meant one wide ladders. Meaning just one column vertically and not 3 columns right next to each other.

If you look at the screenshot from the earlier post you can see multiple ladder columns side by side. Instead of each ladder segment having two possible paths up and down, each row also has sideways movement. You are making every tile navigable which will hurt when the game is finding a path for dupes to move to.

The difference is quickly noticeable and over a larger area it can get worse.

In regards to the doors he is showing again by locking all the dupes in one place that by limiting their potential paths you gain a performance boost.

ladderpathing.thumb.png.a75313e5cffba9bf2475e478ae6163b5.png

Well my current stream playthrough is starting to get unplayable at cycle 250ish, so I'll be trying this next stream for sure - i'll report back then :D This all looks very promising though, had never considered simple pathing changes could be so impactful - but it makes so much sense...

22 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Well my current stream playthrough is starting to get unplayable at cycle 250ish, so I'll be trying this next stream for sure - i'll report back then :D This all looks very promising though, had never considered simple pathing changes could be so impactful - but it makes so much sense...

I guess I'm out of luck, I learned to do 18 tile layout rooms watching a few of your recent streams, so I'm not going to get much benefit from this, I'm terrible at layouts, so your videos were helpful. I tend to keep it simple.

I enjoy watching your youtube videos, but can I ask that you continue to enable automatic machine generated closed captions? They're not perfect, but it helps me understand what you're saying when I can't otherwise. I had to rewind more than a few times on the latest (2nd) automation playthrough because the machine captions weren't available.

Please consider adding them, I quite like your accent, I just struggle at times because I'm an American with little exposure to your accent. I'm getting a bit better though, with the captions anyway. I know those form of captions aren't perfect, but they're better than none.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, eggsvbacon said:

I guess I'm out of luck, I learned to do 18 tile layout rooms watching a few of your recent streams, so I'm not going to get much benefit from this, I'm terrible at layouts, so your videos were helpful. I tend to keep it simple.

I enjoy watching your youtube videos, but can I ask that you continue to enable automatic machine generated closed captions? They're not perfect, but it helps me understand what you're saying when I can't otherwise. I had to rewind more than a few times on the latest (2nd) automation playthrough because the machine captions weren't available.

Please consider adding them, I quite like your accent, I just struggle at times because I'm an American with little exposure to your accent. I'm getting a bit better though, with the captions anyway. I know those form of captions aren't perfect, but they're better than none.

Thanks.

Dropped you a PM buddy.

Archived