Does switching hats really work?

PuffinBy

Healing is definitely applied on cast. You can't cast a heal, then grab the bonus health hat and it'll work—in case you didn't notice the flower size dictates the potency, and they don't just gain size on hat equip. That would be weird.

It's harder to say on cooldown, but to me, it visually looks faster when I swap one on & off, but again it's hard to tell.

People who've timed it with a stopwatch program claim the cooldown effect is applied purely on cast, but I haven't tested personally. It's very possible that the cooldown clock seeming to move faster is just a placebo effect (that is exactly how the human mind works- you want to believe it, so it just feels like it's true, 10% is small enough to mistake), the only way to tell is for more people to time it.

It'd be nice for it to get definitively cleared up.

If you want to attempt juggling hats in the meantime, the Healing Dealt hat definitely must be worn when casting the special.

9 hours ago, Tumalu said:

People who've timed it with a stopwatch program claim the cooldown effect is applied purely on cast, but I haven't tested personally. It's very possible that the cooldown clock seeming to move faster is just a placebo effect (that is exactly how the human mind works- you want to believe it, so it just feels like it's true, 10% is small enough to mistake), the only way to tell is for more people to time it.

It'd be nice for it to get definitively cleared up.

If you want to attempt juggling hats in the meantime, the Healing Dealt hat definitely must be worn when casting the special.

Did some testing. 

If I drop the staff or drop the CD hat after casting, it does take longer for the next spell to be ready. So it's not decided on cast I think.

Archived