If it looks like a bug, acts like a bug...then post it in the bug tracker.

7 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Come on fellow duplicants. 

From the looks of it you are not a duplicant.... so how can we be fellow duplicant you coal pooping machine!

But I do agree with your statement. Some things might not be a bug and thats ok, but still best to post it in the bugs section in-case it is an unintended effect that the developers are unaware of.

Actually I rather people post in general if they are not sure it is a bug and only make a bug report once confirmed it is a bug. Makes it easier for devs/mods to focus on real bugs than to read and close 1000 false reports.

Sides, posting in general sometimes gain more input from users and thus pull in more info than it would have if it had been posted in the bug tracker.

LoL. There's more to it than just the nutronium issue.

And I can see why posting in general will get more views - it's hard enough to follow the same bug across multiple reports on the same issue without a bunch of unneeded duplicity.

The problem is, that not everyone was playing the preview branch - so naturally, not everyone will know what the topic is really going on about, especially if it's something only going on in the preview branch. So general discussion has tended to dive right into thread after thread of discussions related to preview materials.

I would venture to say that if you're playing preview - and you're noticing something strange or unusual, the bug tracker is the best place to strike up conversation about it - even if you don't really know how to properly word it as a bug, there are plenty of fellow gamers and testers that can assist in this - That being said, it's still unlikely that everyone is or was playing preview - especially since it only goes on for about two weeks and things break...pretty regularly.

If they continue to use the preview and beta branches, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a subforum for the spoilery material all to itself.

PS: I occasionally forget my place as a hatch.

6 hours ago, asveron said:

Are hatches considered crustaceans or bugs?

Crustacean, got to be - it looks like hatches have segmented bellies - it's quite possible that they're reptiles though. We know they're nocturnal and have a diet consisting of just about everything except coal. May be related to earthworm.

1 minute ago, The Plum Gate said:

The problem is, that not everyone was playing the preview branch - so naturally, not everyone will know what the topic is really going on about

To be fair, I cannot even count how many people who played on live put it under preview just cuz it said early access so even in the bug tracker we don't know what branch people are on.

3 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

To be fair, I cannot even count how many people who played on live put it under preview just cuz it said early access so even in the bug tracker we don't know what branch people are on.

That's true. And streamers playing it are even harder to keep up with during preview. It's almost like a doomed endeavour. People play around the bugs, then they get fixed, then there's house cleaning that needs to be done because of it.

4 minutes ago, Rakdarian said:

If it looks like a bug act likes a bug, its actually a feature that makes the game harder

this is actually how I've been playing.

I feel any questionable bugs should be posted here first to find out if it's a bug or not.
So many bug reports about not understanding the game in the tracker.

What is missing, however, is the lack of searching going on for existing topics about bugs and issues.

I feel like there should be a bug reporter in the game so that at least we know which version of the game people are on and automatically upload logs and specs so devs don't have to ask for them. Maybe even have some AI to auto search existing reports based on the content of your report.

1 minute ago, AlexRou said:

I feel like there should be a bug reporter in the game so that at least we know which version of the game people are on and automatically upload logs and specs so devs don't have to ask for them.

It would have to be a crash detector - kind of like unreal's epic account system. I'm sure they could make something handy though. I kind of realy on watching peoples playthoughs to verify if i'm the only person having an issue. More complicated stuff I tend to bury my thoughts in existing discussion regarding whatever it is that's causing problems.

Other times, I just out right post the bug - still have problems keeping track of my own bug posts unless someone actually tags me in the discussion because the bug tracker lacks the * feature which tell you you have posted in that topic. I guess that's a bug, but I don't know where to post it. :shock:

13 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Other times, I just out right post the bug - still have problems keeping track of my own bug posts unless someone actually tags me in the discussion because the bug tracker lacks the * feature which tell you you have posted in that topic. I guess that's a bug, but I don't know where to post it. :shock:

Not sure you meant the same I posted here, but if so, it looks like there is options for that...

Archived