Automation - Battery Recharge Threshold Switch

Hi, I love to turn off the power generators whenever my battery is 100% full

Currently, I can only use the Manual Generator to gauge the Battery Recharge Threshold, then using a Pressure Plate as activation switch.

image.thumb.png.9ef1f5f282934ef7dee3affa8e538f37.pngimage.thumb.png.33448687afcc9f1e2c94b1a31128ad49.png

So, when power is below 99%, the dupe will go to run the Manual Generator, which activate the switch, then it turns off the Manual Generator (using the NOT Gate) and turn on the Buffer Gate (links to turn on other power generators)

image.thumb.png.41820594b4c8e53f9bc3b1d93daed9b2.png

TL DR: Dev pls give Battery Recharge Threshold Switch?

I think they left that one out very intentionally.

You can design logic around it. So that generators switch on together with power demanding machines.

I have my aquatuners linked with my dieselgenerator so it switches on together with my aquatuners. Was much more fun to make than just have a link between battery and diesel generator.

So no battery threshold is not a needed feature.. To me :D I like a challenge

A grid accumulator - basically calculates the total battery storage capacity on the grid it is attached to, then allows us to set a threshold as a percent of battery capacity. Supplies the binary signal via the sensor.

This would simply replicate the wheel's thresholds as an automation sensor switch. One could turn the power wheels on or off based on this. Or activate a light, or open a door to a room, etc.

I was trying to make a generator switch on when the battery was empty by placing a lamp on the power grid.

The idea was that the lamp switch off and the generator comes on with a 200 second delay before switching off again.

I realised that every building only has input ports. So the lamp does not output a signal...

Can we have a light sensor please ;) And here I was touting that I did not need a battery threshold sensor ... a hmm :? Maybe that was not such a bad idea. Or a light sensor ... to do the opposite of what you were trying to do.

They could also make that sensor as a battery. It would work like the big battery we have now (maybe a higher J capacity) , it would use  PLESTIC and refined metal and whenever it was above or below a certain % charge, it would send a high signal.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, Mjello said:

I was trying to make a generator switch on when the battery was empty by placing a lamp on the power grid.

The idea was that the lamp switch off and the generator comes on with a 200 second delay before switching off again.

I realised that every building only has input ports. So the lamp does not output a signal...

Can we have a light sensor please ;) And here I was touting that I did not need a battery threshold sensor ... a hmm :? Maybe that was not such a bad idea. Or a light sensor ... to do the opposite of what you were trying to do.

I have a solution for this I think. Also I think ports work as an input and an output, the only time this is shown as one or the other is on the logic tiles though.

1. Have a light on the main power grid and have it always on. 
  2. Use the logic gate which states if the connected device is not active this device becomes active. 
  3. Have another light connected to a single battery and hamster wheel
  4. Connect the logic gate to this second light.
  5. Now the system should have 1 light on when you have electricity, and when that light is not on the other light should switch on. You can use anything that isn't a light that is meant to be on all the time though. and it will achieve the same result. I can make a test for you tonight to check this. With this sort of method you can probably create systems which switch on/off using buffer switches etc.

I will run a test to see if this works and post the picture tonight

Edit Alas it fails, I checked every item and they do clearly mention whether they are input or output unfortunately. I tried many things and I could not get that little light to work as intended.... On brighter New I learnt that a coal generator with a 0% threshold will not be filled....

7 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I have a solution for this I think. Also I think ports work as an input and an output, the only time this is shown as one or the other is on the logic tiles though.

1. Have a light on the main power grid and have it always on. 
  2. Use the logic gate which states if the connected device is not active this device becomes active. 
  3. Have another light connected to a single battery and hamster wheel
  4. Connect the logic gate to this second light.
  5. Now the system should have 1 light on when you have electricity, and when that light is not on the other light should switch on. You can use anything that isn't a light that is meant to be on all the time though. and it will achieve the same result. I can make a test for you tonight to check this. With this sort of method you can probably create systems which switch on/off using buffer switches etc.

I will run a test to see if this works and post the picture tonight

Edit Alas it fails, I checked every item and they do clearly mention whether they are input or output unfortunately. I tried many things and I could not get that little light to work as intended.... On brighter New I learnt that a coal generator with a 0% threshold will not be filled....

I could not find a way around this. For now I use coal generators as emergency backup. I guess this way every power device in the game has a usefull niche. That is kind o nice.

Archived