Totally Useful Automation Gadgets

7 minutes ago, Tobruk said:

I think that's the best work-around. thx

If you like you then also expand the logic to account for water consumption, and if polluted water tank is starting to overfill, etc but certainly controlling the water supply is the easiest solution.

A control point is basically a holding position. The dupes will wait there until it's clear to do whatever the task selector says is the next task for the dupe. To achieve what you asked for you need to have an actual door lock blocking the path then the dupe will get assigned another task after checking the path finder to see if there is another way to get to do the task assigned. Or as I suggest simply remove showing from the list of possible tasks the dupe can perform, as in no water equals no showers so it's not even considered a possible task in the first place.

I'm happy to introduce you to the worst pump ever. It consumes a huge amounts of energy and is less efficient then normal pump. Still, it works.

I did it just for fun purposes, but there may be some improvements to make and maaaaaybe some practical use. The biggest problem is that you can't make it longer then 16 segments, as you can't use heavy wires with airlocks (sadface). Also, the airlocks were destroying water sometimes. Now I have those buffors set on 2 seconds and it seems just fine.

The upper hydro sensor is set on above 990, second doesn't matter, I just left it there with OR plate to look fancier (it runs smoothly enough to make my eyes happy).

IabA1TAN8y7j.jpg

15 minutes ago, mickaux said:

The biggest problem is that you can't make it longer then 16 segments, as you can't use heavy wires with airlocks (sadface). Also, the airlocks were destroying water sometimes. Now I have those buffors set on 2 seconds and it seems just fine.

Firstly, you don't need to power the airlocks at all. They work fine without any power.

Secondly, You know you can just put them on different circuits, right? They don't care which circuit they're on, or indeed if they're on a circuit.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Firstly, you don't need to power the airlocks at all. They work fine without any power.

Secondly, You know you can just put them on different circuits, right? They don't care which circuit they're on, or indeed if they're on a circuit.

You're right, I figured it just after posting it. Not a good day for thinking.

ICKA, that's a good point!

On 04/11/2017 at 3:12 PM, Saturnus said:

Why all the trouble. Just use the shut off valve and cut water supply.

This would work but dupes would still go shower as long as their is wate in the pipes which kinda sucks, unless you make it so that you have x amount of kg/s per dupe in the pipes only.

Archived