concerns on the level system

Plebgod

People are afraid because the game is hard and low level could mean lack of knowledge. But they should give advice instead, some teams did impressive skill with low level players.

It will probably calm down over time, when people will had some victory and have less fear of losing.

This is bound to happen with any level system. If you have ever played any games with a level system, you will know that level criticism is inevitable. Mostly because people want to win, and think low level means low experience, which most of the time, is usually this case but, there isn't anything we can do about it, except tell them to stop when you see it.

Yeah, lots of the game lobbies in my region (Central Europe, I guess?) were titled something like: "Lvl 20+ only, no noobs!" durinig the beta. Which was kind of sad... but I understand that some people might want to play without having to constantly explain everything / run from forest fires / babysitting etc. IMO distancing yourself from newbies is pretty dumb idea, since you miss all the chaos  and stress DST offers. Meme / Casual lobbies are the best...

Wouldn't address it as concern though, I've had 9 out 10 games that were just fine / without problems and one that turned into toxic waste. Just like in any other game.

i was surprised by the number of people who were angry at people for being low leveled... DURING A LIMITED TIME BETA... like okay because they didn't have the week off you have to flame them even if they're already skilled at the game? jeez.. I made it to level 30 but only because i was lucky enough to have lots of spare time during the event. Once the event has been out for a month/ it becomes a reoccurring thing that happens every month after like a year i'd expect this behavior but not so quickly and not during the flipping beta for crying out loud. 

Archived