Quick Chat!

Zillvr

This could easily get worked into a mod but I think it's a crucial feature that should be added into The Forge directly.

As a group of players in a team, being able to quickly relay information to other players would be a game changer. Examples below:

Attacks:

• "Attack this!" / "Fight!"
  • "Don't attack this!" / "Don't fight!"
  • "Dodge!"
  • "Help me fight this!"
  • "I'll take care of this one!"

Skills:

• "Skill on cooldown!" (depending on weapon equipped the Skill would be changed. I.e. Healing on cooldown! OR Petrify on cooldown!)
  • "Skill is ready!" (i.e. Healing is ready! OR Petrify is ready!)

Misc:

• "I need healing!"
  • "Rally on me!"

These are just examples, the main one's I'd really appreciate are "I need healing", "Skill on cooldown" and "Skill is ready!". Either bind them by default to 1~9 but also have the option to rebind them to different keys, during The Forge event since we don't actually have an inventory here while playing. I hope others may find this just as useful/necessary in a team battle match such as this.

Cheers!

I was just about to suggest this but looks like you beat me to it!

Anyways, Asian servers tend to get a bunch of people that all speak different languages so a quick chat system would be great! Klei wouldn’t even have to translate if they made it so they worked like examinations and just had the community translate it for them.

Oh gosh I already know which voice command is gonna get spammed so hard...

But that would be real neat, instead of having  to quickly type "stop attacking" in chat.

Could have them as icon where your cursor is (like pinging in Portal 2!), this'll help it work with people who speak different languages without having to translate all the lines.

For example, a sword for attack, a sword with a X(or shield) on it for don't attack, a red cross for healing and maybe a stop watch followed by your current item for the cooldown? 

On 10/24/2017 at 3:45 AM, Zillvr said:

"Skill on cooldown!" (depending on weapon equipped the Skill would be changed. I.e. Healing on cooldown! OR Petrify on cooldown!

This so much!  As both a Wilson and Wickerbottom, you have no idea how much I need to keep retyping this. It'll probably help players undertand the situation I'm in.

On 2017-10-24 at 9:45 AM, Zillvr said:

This could easily get worked into a mod but I think it's a crucial feature that should be added into The Forge directly.

As a group of players in a team, being able to quickly relay information to other players would be a game changer. Examples below:

Attacks:

• "Attack this!" / "Fight!"
  • "Don't attack this!" / "Don't fight!"
  • "Dodge!"
  • "Help me fight this!"
  • "I'll take care of this one!"

Skills:

• "Skill on cooldown!" (depending on weapon equipped the Skill would be changed. I.e. Healing on cooldown! OR Petrify on cooldown!)
  • "Skill is ready!" (i.e. Healing is ready! OR Petrify is ready!)

Misc:

• "I need healing!"
  • "Rally on me!"

These are just examples, the main one's I'd really appreciate are "I need healing", "Skill on cooldown" and "Skill is ready!". Either bind them by default to 1~9 but also have the option to rebind them to different keys, during The Forge event since we don't actually have an inventory here while playing. I hope others may find this just as useful/necessary in a team battle match such as this.

Cheers!

Maybe something like this?:

Z and then 1 = "Attack this!" / "Fight!"

Z and then 2 = "Don't attack this!" / "Don't fight!"

Z and then 3 = "Dodge!"

Z and then 4 = "Help me fight this!"

Z and then 5 = "I'll take care of this one!"

X and then 1 = "Skill on cooldown!"

etc etc

When you press Z, X or C it shows the different options and you then press 1-9 depending on what you want to say.

Archived