Strange temperature change in building storage.

I noticed this the other day as I was setting up a new checkpoint.

20171020223253_1.thumb.jpg.341c26004be8172efd0d51c88790eb1f.jpg

As you can see in the picture, the contents of the gas pipe with oxygen is 1kg at 70+c. That's true of the whole pipe because it is fend directly by two thermally sealed electrolyzers. But upon being taken up by the exosuit dock for the very first time the temperature is suddendly 31.7c after 17kg. And I watched as it filled up the temperature went down, slowly, as it took in more 70c gas.

I also saw temperature from near 1c polluted water go into a building and result in about 30c contents. I thought this less suspicious because I thought it was just matching the building temp. But I feel like the gas into the dock isn't doing that so I'm not sure what is going on.

Anyone have any ideas?

There are plenty of easier ways to cool your base that don't involve deconstructing anything.  Cooling your base is pretty easy, and that's not a problem for me.  The asteroid would realistically be very cold inside, the hot biomes are unrealistic, and the heat deletion in machines is unrealistic, but those two things basically cancel each other out in terms of gameplay balance vs realism.

Archived