Sharing world seed! ^^

Just sharing my world here if anyone is interested I got a natural gas, steam and chlorine geyser all in a short distance \^.^/ 

oni.thumb.png.b58887cd094885aa0170c02a3c59cbb7.png

Heres also a 2nd natrual gas on the way to the oil biome. You'll have power for dayyyyyyyyysssssssss

oni2.thumb.png.076c5d1cb97ce7c2e5a01b4d38ba8b30.png

My world seed is 1426894297

image.png

@Lifegrow

I actually didnt check before i started this is a new game using the seed i ended up finding those on my own and just thought that it'd be cool to share it since i rarely get geysers close to me (always find them near the end of the map QwQ) 

6 hours ago, Nami107 said:

@Lifegrow

I actually didnt check before i started this is a new game using the seed i ended up finding those on my own and just thought that it'd be cool to share it since i rarely get geysers close to me (always find them near the end of the map QwQ) 

You should notice on all new world gens since OU release - you'll always spawn near steam, nat gas and chlorine. Your last 2 geysers can be anywhere, but you'll always start near 1 of each.

28 minutes ago, Nami107 said:

@Lifegrow

oh really? i haven't made a lot of worlds since the update so i didnt realize they made that change now. guess that makes it a bit easier i've had games where i just could not find a steam geyser at all and it bumbed me out haha 

Aye, when they changed the biome spawns and restricted the number of geysers - I found some in some very strange places... One of my steam geysers was once spawned in magma... Was fixed shortly after.

4 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

You should notice on all new world gens since OU release - you'll always spawn near steam, nat gas and chlorine. Your last 2 geysers can be anywhere, but you'll always start near 1 of each.

Yep, which is why I don't bother posting map seeds with 3 geysers in adjacent biomes (because they are basically the default :p)

Here's the "best" easy-mode OI map seed I found so far, for lazy ppl who don't want to bother with finding the geysers :D

Cosmos.thumb.png.6d125e8c27aaada44c3ed460816df1cd.png

As you can see, all 5 geysers are in adjacent biomes and easily visible if you walk close enough.

There's also a neural vacilator not far off.

The only issue I have with this map would be that hatch in yellow circle getting killed right in the beginning :p

5 hours ago, ascrane said:

80085 and 81680085 are good ones.

You might wanto to provide more information as to what makes you think these particular map seeds are "good ones".

I tried 80085 and failed to notice anything special about it that would make it stand out.

8 minutes ago, Botaxalim said:

Last 2 map i play, explored most map, i only found one steam geyser and 2 or more oil geyser. How to feed them if map only provide me 1 steam geyser. I dont know if i got two last bad seed, is anyone got 1 steam geyser after oil update?

Still searching for my second steam geyser on my 500 cycle map.

I am pushing up to the ceiling with multiple ladders across the width of the map. I can see most of the oil biome but I am assuming it wont be there.

5 hours ago, Whispershade said:

Still searching for my second steam geyser on my 500 cycle map.

I am pushing up to the ceiling with multiple ladders across the width of the map. I can see most of the oil biome but I am assuming it wont be there.

Both map i play recently is 600 cycle+. Look like i only get 1 steam geyser in current build. Time to make water purification system and gather all that polluted water

21 minutes ago, Botaxalim said:

Both map i play recently is 600 cycle+. Look like i only get 1 steam geyser in current build. Time to make water purification system and gather all that polluted water

Just found my second one earlier. It is probably not too far from the ceiling.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:01 AM, Lifegrow said:

Not this world. I was totally screwed and couldn't find a stream geyser until it was too late. I almost completely dug the map out.

See if you can find it without going in debug mode. :)

The Cool Moonbase.sav

On 13/10/2017 at 9:40 AM, vonVile said:

Not this world. I was totally screwed and couldn't find a stream geyser until it was too late. I almost completely dug the map out.

See if you can find it without going in debug mode. :)

The Cool Moonbase.sav

Was a bit curious, I've checked it, and like all maps generated since OU, it also contain the regulars 2 Steam Geysers, 2 Nat Gas and a Chlorine one.
Okay they're far away than usual, but still all there ! Only diffence i've seen is about Oil Reservoir... and here i am, after 150+ turns digging all around bottom map, finding how to activate the debug mode ... had to deal with the fact that my map didnt had one at all !
Was so disapointed because i started this new map to do stuffs with the contents in new patch.
Anyway, even if i agree with what LifeGrow said, i've fast checked the popping geysers before starting my following base, meh :(

On 10/9/2017 at 4:01 AM, Lifegrow said:

I've seen several seeds where this wasn't the case at all.

Archived