Weird boss problem - is this a bug?

I think that all swings hurt Goose. It's just that hurt animation is not played everytime, I'll try to explain this:
Most creatures have animation for being hurt, normal stuff. But they also have animations for attacking, which is obvious aswell. When they are about to attack, attack animation starts playing - it has higher priority than hurt animation, so that's why you can't see creature reacting to your hit. It allows you to dodge incoming attack in time (attack animation is some kind of indicator, after all).
 Regular spiders get stunlocked - as long as you whack them, they can't attack back. That's why they always play "hurt" animation when hit. Now take a look at spider warriors - they have quite long attack period but still, can't get stunlocked. So thay play "hurt" ainmation when you attack them, but at some point they'll stop and prepare to bite you, which means that attack animation starts. They still can get hurt in this moment but won't play hurt animation to let you see warning "you are about to get hurt, dodge!" You can test this by hitting both monsters with some low dmg weapon like walking cane or fist.

Okay, actually the first hit may not actually damage Goose, due to small lag. DST handles lag poorly. What I mean is that you can lag even when playing alone. Try disabling movement prediction as Hobgoblino advised you to.

1 hour ago, Maslak said:

I think that all swings hurt Goose. It's just that hurt animation is not played everytime, I'll try to explain this:
Most creatures have animation for being hurt, normal stuff. But they also have animations for attacking, which is obvious aswell. When they are about to attack, attack animation starts playing - it has higher priority than hurt animation, so that's why you can't see creature reacting to your hit. It allows you to dodge incoming attack in time (attack animation is some kind of indicator, after all).
 Regular spiders get stunlocked - as long as you whack them, they can't attack back. That's why they always play "hurt" animation when hit. Now take a look at spider warriors - they have quite long attack period but still, can't get stunlocked. So thay play "hurt" ainmation when you attack them, but at some point they'll stop and prepare to bite you, which means that attack animation starts. They still can get hurt in this moment but won't play hurt animation to let you see warning "you are about to get hurt, dodge!" You can test this by hitting both monsters with some low dmg weapon like walking cane or fist.

Okay, actually the first hit may not actually damage Goose, due to small lag. DST handles lag poorly. What I mean is that you can lag even when playing alone. Try disabling movement prediction as Hobgoblino advised you to.

The weapon is losing durability only once even if they're attacking the Goose 2-3 times.

I noticed the same phenomenon while playing on a dedicated server as well. I didn't pay attention to the weapon duarability, but the hounds I was fighting there didn't take damage, since I had to strike them more often when they didn't have a damage animation. I thought it might have been a issue with the global positions mod since that already causes some targeting issues. (Sometimes after a enemy dies your character runs to the position where the enemy you were fighting died and just spazzes out.) Aparently it's a bug in the vanilla game, according to your testing it's one of the latest game updates.

Thanks for sharing, Maybe you wanna open a bug report if there isn't one open for this issue yet?

Archived