Hi but First i dont speak english good, not yet. 

Now Klei i love your gems (Don't Starve and "of course" ONI OMG O.O your team is awesome!!!), Klei you need more pshysic laws in ONI, like gases behavior, things  that you need attack is the science between gases, and liquid (of course) with presure, when i make vacuum in a room, and i have another room with a gas type like "H" and i will take all the gas in the first room, the second room (with H) must go on to the second room, but in the game that process is not logical because not o.o can you understand me? please tell me YES xD ahahaha Klei ONI is a gem like DST, but when you are a engineer, and BERNOULLI is not present you say WTF!! xD i know is a game but Klei come on YOU CAN!! lets do the fluids more logicall, now a words in spanish: "Necesitas que si hay dos contenedores, ambos con gases, y estan conectados, si decides vaciar uno de ellos, el gas en el otro tanque debería trasladarse al tanque que estás vaciando, espero puedan entenderme x.x

A IMAGE!!

Sin título.png

It already (sort of) does this.  Just not as fast as you'd like.

In real life, gas is made up with individual molecules, not giant blocks of gas that moves around.  When you have really small "tunnel" between the rooms in the game, of course it's going to be slow to diffuse.

In real life scenario, if the tunnel between two chambers is one molecule wide, you can bet that it's going to be slow like crazy.

38 minutes ago, Executive_Lurker said:

A pretty big question, but does anyone know if the devs plan on tweaking the fluid/gas mechanics to be more realistic/faster (thank you in advamce devs) or is it something that would blow up most people's computers so they will not address it (thank you in advance devs)

The game already has performance issues. And one can check on a late game save that the problem is largely related to large open spaces containing gas. Sealing these spaces and removing the gas from them improves performance. So unless the system is very badly optimized, I doubt they can make the fluid system more complex without shrinking their available player base too much.

Oh one special thing about Napthas fluid behavior. Not really "unlogic", but useful. Plastic has low melting point, when you want to trap slickster with plastictrap in hot biome = problem. When you place first time trap there, it will melt, but the Naptha stays in place and cools the second trap down well enough for the traps lifetime, to catch slickster.

Archived