Oil Well / Oil Physics destroying CO2

Found a nasty bug that I figured I'd share here rather than in bug tracker as a lot of people are currently tinkering with the new oil equipment and this is pretty nasty.

In short i'd been hoarding my CO2 all game in a large chamber (we're talking maybe 1/12th of the entire asteroid) which was to be my oil conversion area :D 

Noticed my CO2 levels had dropped by startling amounts (~10kg per tile) and found that my Oil Well was destroying my CO2 by essentially creating a ridiculous amount of tile destruction.

Video below has a couple of swears, so if you've a sensitive disposition, kindly mute it. I'm sorry - it's late :p 

In short, lesson to be learned here - encase your oil wells and pump out their oil, don't let it drip as the oil physics are busted :(

Not sure why this new feature of having machines "spit out" their waste (introduced by the NGG iirc?) has taken off, but it really needs to be changed. Give machines multiple outputs and let us worry about the piping rather than dealing with this malarkey.

If not for me, think of all my poor slicksters that are going to go hungry now.....

21 minutes ago, Segato said:

I dont really get it, yes its a bug. But where is the problem on CO2 being destroyed? Its like a homemade Void 

Bugs should always be fixed regardless of whether they're beneficial or harmful to the players.  In Lifegrow's case, I believe he was planning to convert the CO2 into crude oil via slicksters, so he's effectively losing oil with every kg of CO2 that's destroyed.

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Slicksters

Oh... I thought there is a "mechanical" method. :) 

I've tried this, ok, not with too much Slicksters, only 4-5. But in a high pressure CO2, they didn't do much thing.... :( So don't get the effort.

40 minutes ago, Pex said:

Oh... I thought there is a "mechanical" method. :) 

I've tried this, ok, not with too much Slicksters, only 4-5. But in a high pressure CO2, they didn't do much thing.... :( So don't get the effort.

I had maybe 20-25 suspended on a mesh bridge in my last playthrough, they were going crazy pumping out oil.... Are yours bugged out or doing their weird "floating" animation ? If so you may have to force them to move, or try a save/load.

1 minute ago, Lifegrow said:

I had maybe 20-25 suspended on a mesh bridge in my last playthrough, they were going crazy pumping out oil.... Are yours bugged out or doing their weird "floating" animation ? If so you may have to force them to move, or try a save/load.

Ye, I know their "suspending" bug, and that save/load could "release" them. (however, after a short while they will go on suspend "mode" again :) ) Seems, 4-5 wouldn't suffice. Maybe if get 20-25 as you suggest, they will give some result. :) Thanks for the tip!

5 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

One slickster can convert 244g/s CO2 into crude oil. Using crude oil to natural gas conversion that's enough to run 4 NGGs of one slickster alone.

Wooaaa... hmmm... this is what never succeed in my game. I don't know how did you do that. Even the "save and load back" trick cannot restore them fully from their bugged "suspend" state... it seems.

5 hours ago, Pex said:

Wooaaa... hmmm... this is what never succeed in my game. I don't know how did you do that. Even the "save and load back" trick cannot restore them fully from their bugged "suspend" state... it seems.

If they're "floating" within a liquid, or randomly stuck in mid-air you sometimes need to either remove the surrounding liquid, then save/load - or build something like a mesh tile beneath them, then save/load.

They can be rescued - think we saved between 22-24 in our last playthrough. They used to all be trapped on the central mesh-walkway, but as the oil level raised, they all broke free :D Tricksy Lil' Slicksters...

image.thumb.png.54d39b32657001e40ded4aabf2da2fa2.png

Archived