[TUTORIAL] Decompiling ( and Recompiling using SCiTE ) lua files

Starvation

I guess it's of no use? Uh, whatever you decided I guess, but re-compiling and de-compiling is key features, which is very handy in many ways, though that might just be me thinking that.Anyways I'm glad people could use it to some extent.

I want to see values for items, such as durability and damage per hit on the dark sword, what files contain this information?

The dark sword durability and damage values are in tuning. Strangely though, the log suit and football helmet are also in this file, but not the night armor. Does anyone have/can anyone make a list of which files hold what?*Edit* If not, can someone point me to which file has the night armor values please? Edited by Pyrosparker

Okay, here's a good example to help you out. Wilson's health is established in tuning. Wolfgang's health is established in his own file as "tuning.wilsonhealth x 1.5". This file is located in scripts.prefabs, which is where basically any in-game item is.The night armor and night sword are treated the same way. If you go into prefab and find the file for the night sword, you will find somewhere where it says its durability is multiplied by the log suit's. Check out those files

If you go into prefab and find the file for the night sword, you will find somewhere where it says its durability is multiplied by the log suit's.

Night Sword's durability is multiplied by the Log Suit's? :p

I looked in prefabs though and i can't find where to change the night armor's values. I'm assuming the file for it is 'armor_sanity' because there is no other relevantly named files, and in that file it doesn't refer to the log suits durability at all.

*Edit* And if the night sword is supposed to have it's damage multiplied in it's file in prefab, then why is it already multiplied in tuning? Does tuning multiply it (say damage*1.5) and then it's file in prefab multiplies it again (like 1.5*2)?

*Edit Edit* Found out the value i was looking for actually was in tuning. :p

Edited by Pyrosparker

Hi,I can't correctly decompile the attached luac file when doing it by following the steps mentioned in the thread. unluac does decompile and give me some source code, but when i recompile it it doesnt work inside the game, meaning something went wrong during decompilation.Can someone try to decompile the .luac file for me? Its attached below.

CombatCharacter.zip